Sunday, July 1, 2012

Great Visit with Rumy's Parents

Here we are having dinner with Rumy's parents. They are lots of fun and very easy to have around. They came armed with lots of gifts from Bulgaria. Valentin and Antoaneta, or Tonie for short. We have taken all  your wonderful suggestions, Windmill Island, Dutch Village, we climbed Mt. Pischy (that about killed me!). We have been downtown, saw some street entertainers, today we went for a boat ride on our friends Paul and Karen's boat.

Ross and Rumy performed outside at our church today. I think they did great, I was very proud of them. My parents were also there, along with some old friends of theirs from GR, and my Aunt Margie and her fiance were also there.

We are all tired out from all the sun and fresh air tonight. Tomorrow we leave for a weeks vacation up at the Homestead. Stan will work some days from there. I had my CT scan on Friday and I am anxiously waiting for a call from my Drs. office sometime soon with what they found. I did not have my platelets checked on Friday, they were pretty sure they would still be too low for chemo tomorrow. Plus the nurses said, people take off for vacation all the time, so I said sounds good to me!
Thanks Karen for my birthday cake!! We enjoyed it very much. I also want to thank Lori and my grade school girlfriends, Ellen, Jean and Helene for my flowers. Such fun!!
We saw a sunset from the pier at Holland State Park and then had to take a picture in front of Big Red, which people call Big Pink because it needs a paint job.

Valentin is very handy and has fixed lots of things around here. He loves to bike so he has rode the bike many times to the state park. He had fun garage saling this past weekend. They are amazed at so many things, the cleanliness of the freeways,( no garbage), blowing the sand off the paths at the park, sprinkler systems, and lots more.

Sat. Ross had a wedding to play in St. Joe, MI, so we rode along and had fun seeing the beach there and the historic downtown. I have to admit, I had never been to St. Joe before. We stopped in Saugatuck on the way, and walked on the path with all the huge boats.

I won't have access to the internet up there, so I wanted people to know why I am not posting anything new. Talk to you later!!

4 comments:

  1. Have a great vacation...love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,
    I had my double chemo yesterday. They were expecting you there. I told them you were taking a week off. They did not realize you were doing that. I go Monday for my single chemo, maybe I will see you then. Glad your having a good time. Enjoy your week off from chemo. I know I always do. Tammie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at the Homestead! You look wonderful in all of the pictures. I am glad you were able to share some of the wonders of West Michigan with Rumy's parents.
    Ellen J

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great picture of the 6 of you in front of Big Red!! I can see that on a Christmas card in December!

    ReplyDelete