Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Couldn't have Chemo

My Platelets were too low, so no chemo on Monday. I have to go back next Tues. They did draw blood and sent it in for my CA-125 count, but I can't seem to find out those results. I called twice today, and she said they are not back yet. It has never taken this long before, but she thought maybe because it is summer, and less people working?? Anyways, she said call on Thursday am if was "all that important to me to know the results". Well, I guess that person has never had cancer, or she would understand.
This week delay has now pushed back my surgery date. I need to pray for patience. I have worked three days so far. It is going OK. I am teaching all day next Sat. expectant parent classes.

Today my friend Lori picked me up in her convertible and we drove up Lakeshore Dr. to Grand Haven. It was a beautiful sunny day and she treated me to lunch at Snug Harbor. After lunch we walked around downtown and checked out some shops. I really don't know the stores in Grand Haven that well and it was a fun day.

Yesterday I got rear ended. I was at a stop light in Holland and a woman ran into me. Luckily it only scraped my bumper. We called the police and he made out a report. I was just leaving work and she was a nurse just going to work. I felt bad for her, I bet she got a ticket.

Tonight Mieke and I had dinner at Itty Bitty Bar. We ate outside on the patio. We walked there from our house, it is so close and so nice out tonight. Stan had his golf league and stopped by on his way home.

I have really had trouble with my ileostomy lately, it is painful, leaks and is a real PAIN. I am sooooooo ready to get it reversed. It is all I think about. That date can not come soon enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, rear-ended???? As if you needed one more hassle in your life. But your attitude reminds me to keep all things in proper perspective.
    I'm hoping this chemo delay is short and you can get on with the surgery.
    Your ride to Grand Haven sounded wonderful. A great opportunity to get away and relax.
    Hope to connect soon.
    Love Linda B

    ReplyDelete