Friday, August 24, 2012

Oops.....

I now know why I can't find out my CA-125 results. They drew the blood, but never sent it. I guess because I couldn't have chemo last Monday, they want to keep your count at the same time as you have chemo. So now I know, and we will hopefully find out what it is next Monday.

Worked four hours L&D last night. It feels good to get back. Stan is going up north tonight with a friend, and work on "deer stuff". I am kind of glad to stay back here for a change because I teach all day tomorrow, get to go to outside church, see everyone there and I plan to have my neighbor across the street and her friend over for lunch on Sunday. She is the one who was so kind to loan out her house for my family to use at the time of Mieke's wedding. Speaking of Mieke, she has another teaching interview today so say a little prayer for her. Today is Aaron's last day at DeBoer Bakery, they are having a little send off party for him. I know they will miss him!!

I forgot to mention that we had a nice time visiting with my sister-in-law Lisseth last Sunday. She stopped by at the Hoksbergen Homestead on her way home from the Leland area. He husband Roland (Stan's brother) is in Ghana until December leading a group of students from Calvin. Lisseth is a Spanish teacher at East GR schools so she couldn't go along.

The grey hair is getting very thin on top, it is getting harder to hide the bald spots....

My Tigers are doing good lately which makes watching the games so much fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Deb,

    Thanks for writing on my Blog so often, It is so helpful to read your comments. I think of you often going through this and am very inspired by your journey. They found out very early that my CEA level was normal. So every time the Doc's want to see something they order a CT, PET, or MRI, or a combination of the any of them. While you are in chemo on Monday I will be getting my second MRI. I will be praying for you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, it was good to see you doing your tour, then your second tour on Saturday. You looked good, and no, I didn't notice anything different about your hair! I am still praying for you. Love, Claudia M (BBC)

    ReplyDelete