Monday, April 29, 2013

suspected and expected

I had my CT-scan and chest x-ray done last Thurs. I got a call from Amber the nurse at my oncologist's office today and she said my x-ray looked clear but they see a new 11mm spot near my gallbladder. For this reason and the elevated numbers I will need to have some more chemo therapy. My Dr. is going out of town this Wed. I told her I already have an appt. for Monday May 13 which was my 3 month check up. She said perfect, that is when he will be back. I will find out at that time, what the plan will be. As the title says, this is not totally a surprise. I always knew that chances were good that there would be reoccurance and I might need more chemo. I am thankful that the chemo worked before and I hope it does the job again this time.

We had a wonderful day yesterday at the baptism of my niece's baby Charlotte Mary Jane. She is so cute and wore the same dress that her mother wore for her baptism and was wrapped in a beautiful blanket that my sister Krista made for her. We were up north with my Mom and Dad, so we drove down to GR with them and came back up here. Stan is working calling on accounts up here more so he worked today and will work tomorrow am. I have my first post op check with my new surgeon, Dr. Figg tomorrow afternoon. I was very anxious to hear what he had to say about trying to take down this ileostomy again, but now with more chemo that could change those plans a bit.

It was opening Day this past Sat. for Trout fishsing so Alden and a couple of friends were up here Friday night. They had a great day fishing on the Pere Marquette River. Mary's pregnancy is going great and she has 8 weeks to go. She had another ultrasound and the baby is about 4 lbs. now and will gain about 4 lbs. before she delivers. We can't wait to be grandparents!!

Ross and Rumy flew to Philadelphia last Thurs. He had an audition last night with the Philadelphia Philharmonic Orchestra. He said he played good, but he didn't make the cut. There are 4 days of auditions with about 130 people trying out. It is good experience and he has another one in June in Alabama.

Mieke and Aaron are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their new puppy "Lambeau" (named after the field where the Packers Play). It is a Golden Doodle.......we will see how that goes. They are very excited.

I

7 comments:

  1. Deb, it makes me sad that you continue to need chemo...I pray daily for complete healing for you and I hope that this round of chemo does the trick! We are plugging along here on nights; lots of nice nurses to work with but still miss you here at work. Keep smiling and can't wait to hear about your progress in the future. Claudia M (BBC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb,
    Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the growth being detected. Praying for chemo to be quickly effective! I can't believe that 130 people tryout for a single horn position.
    Take Care, Duane

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about this - praying the chemo will do the job again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grandmother Deb!!

    That is good news about the new addition to your family (or should I say, two.....Lambeau)Hopefully, it will be a short cycle of chemo and you will be back on tract. Hope to see you in May.
    Blessings, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, I am so sorry to hear that you will need chemo again. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Love, Vickie P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Missed you at lunch, sorry to hear about the need for more chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi deb! thanks for your post, sorry to hear about the need for chemo but like you say, it worked before and they are catching this early so praying it'll be a shorter time of therepy.be assured you are in my daily prayers! so excited for you as you look forward to being grandma soon! you will love that little one so much :) hugs to you, mary leeuw

    ReplyDelete