Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Boo Hoo, Platelets going the wrong direction

Just found out my lab results. The Platelets are now down to 61. They were 71 on Monday, so they are getting worse instead of better. Guess this is fairly common when you are on chemo for a while, it is hard on the bone marrow which is where the platelets are produced. Time is the only thing that can help. So they want me to have lab work done on Sun. to maybe have chemo on Monday.

I changed the blog picture to one of me on my new "tree seat" up at the Homestead. I had mentioned to Stan and my Dad that I saw this neat tree that was down on the property and I thought it would be fun to lean against the garage door. So a few weeks ago, I was floating in the pond and I heard the big John Deere tractor coming down the road. Sure enough, here it was my Dad with the big tree attached to the front. I was so happy that they brought my tree. The bear broke the bottom of our garage door a couple years ago, and because we don't really need to open that side of the garage, and we didn't want to replace both doors at this time, we put up a decorative "stick" fence in front of that part of the garage. I will post a picture of that.


People are so sweet and still remembering and encouraging me with notes and cards. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. They are all so special, and it helps so much when I get discouraged or sick of this disease I am fighting. This one particular card came from a new friend of mine. On the front of the card is says this:    Tough Cookie (tuhr kook-e) - noun.
    1. Someone with just the right mix of sweetness and strength.
    2. One who doesn't crumble under pressure.
    3. A fighter who's too busy kicking butt to sit down and cry, but knows it's okay to do both.
    4. A person who doesn't always ask for support, but has lots of friends who would do anything to help

Inside is says,    Hang in there Tough Cookie

I guess I am a tough cookie. I told my Dr. that and he said, there are Tough ones and then there are broken ones. He sees both.

I need to go to church now and help Mieke with a kids choir she is starting,. I will finish this later.



1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything that card says. You are a tough cookie with nothing negative in the connotation. You are SO balanced. All this news makes me smile with joy. Well, not the platelet part. Praying those head in the right direction!
    I love your "tree seat." How did you ever think of that???
    The picture I would like to see is the redhead Stan was talking about :)
    Love Linda B

    ReplyDelete