Sunday, September 30, 2012

Still too low...

Had my platelets drawn after church today, and they are 60, still going in the wrong direction. So, no chemo for me tomorrow. I am having a hard time having patience with this, because I feel so good. I am so anxious to get this one done, and have my CA-125 sent in, because if it is normal, it could be the last one for a while. I will talk to the office tomorrow and see if they want me to have the CT scan this week or not. I didn't have to work on Sat., it was slow and they said I could stay home "on call". My parents are up north and they said the colors are just gorgeous!! I so wish I was up there. I have not been up there is a month, so I am now thinking I may try and go up tomorrow for a couple of days.

Next weekend we have our last wedding in Cleveland, so we will not be able to go up then.

This afternoon Stan and I are going to a get together with some PEO couples. Mieke and Aaron are going too. She is anxious to introduce her new hubby to her new PEO friends. It is kind of hard to get these men away from the TV with the Ryder Cup, Tigers, Lions and Packers all on this afternoon.

Thanks for all your prayers for patience for me and for higher platelets. As someone wrote in a comment, this is totally out of my control. I need to " Let Go and Let God". I am trying...

2 comments:

  1. Well, even though the platelets are going in the wrong direction, at least your Tigers are heading in the right direction! Whoop whoop! Bring on the playoffs. I must confess that when Stan said he thought they might still pull this off - I was very much in doubt.
    I agree about the colors of the trees. I hope you had a chance to head north. I have just been driving around town and to Holland and I can't stop singing, "For The Beauty Of The Earth." I just want to capture those colors and temperatures and get them to stop right where they are. Just in awe of God's splendor.
    Praying the blood numbers allow you to get this next chemo round very soon.
    Love, Linda Breen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb..you are looking great....I had a color tour today on my way home from work.... :)

    ReplyDelete