Monday, September 24, 2012

Bummer, No Chemo Again

My platelets were too low today, so no chemo again. They want me to keep taking my premeds, have my blood rechecked in Holland on Wed. at noon, and if it is OK I could have my chemo on Thursday. So please pray that it all works out. I saw Dr. Downey today and he said, if my CA-125 was normal this week, then maybe I would be done with treatments for now. That would be two treatments past normal.  Then he tells me that we could do the reversal surgery in 6 wks. instead of waiting 8 wks. I can't quite figure it out?, and I hearing them wrong the first time, or are they changing their minds?? Anyways, I might be having the surgery sooner than I thought. This is fine with me, but I do have to get rid of some work commitments that I signed up for in November.

This weekend we had a surprise visit from a friend David and his dog Benson. He had made some meatloaf for us hot out of the oven. It was delicious! We also got to see Benson's tricks. He picks up things you drop on the floor and he shuts the door. Amazing! David's daughter Emily is a quadriplegic and she taught him to do those tasks.

Also, a big thanks to my neighbor Kay. She lives in Chicago and comes to her house across the street from us occasionally like her cottage. She brought me a couple of bottles of Chardonnay from Trader Joes. So sweet of her.

I have lots of pictures to post from Labor Day, the wedding reception in Detroit and others, but I have to figure out how to do it. I am going with Mieke tonight to a make up party in Fennville.

Tomorrow, Ross and Rumy are coming to Holland. Ross has to play at a funeral and we are going to go to Artprize. We saw some of the pieces on Sat. night before the symphony. So fun to see so many people roaming around GR.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray !! They changed it to 6 weeks, finally getting the reversal surgery !!!
    Happy Dance :)
    Yes, the having to change the things scheduled, but for a great reason.
    I am praying for you. I am praying the surgery will be easy and your recovery fast. Sound like it will be all done for the holidays, that is wonderful that you will not have to deal with that ileostomy any more.
    After 10 weeks off chemo (thank you kidneys) I was thankful to get chemo again. I am ready to do the happy dance (CEA went way up off chemo)
    Keep positive. God is in control and He is faithful. He has blessed you with more time. stage 4 means NOTHING to God.
    I will be getting chemo on Oct 8th, we are off schedule of each other.
    Keep the perspective.
    Love Tammie

    ReplyDelete