Thursday, March 28, 2013

Not so great - 278

I got the results of my CA-125 (cancer antigen) test and it went up from 72 a month ago to 278. It had been down to 22 when I finished chemo.  This is not what I was hoping for, but I am not going to think the worst. My oncology nurse said that GI inflammation can cause the count to be elevated. She said my Dr. was on an airplane and she could not reach him now. She said I would need to have another CT scan soon. I asked if I could have that done when I was in the hospital, but she said best not to have it immediately after surgery. Soooooo, we will wait for a call on Monday on how we will preceed with this.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you Deb! Love Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debbie Prayers for you and all! Inflammation can do a number on a body so please think of it that way. Did you have surgery today ? I have been thinking of you so much. Hugs

    ReplyDelete