Thursday, November 8, 2012

Surgery Scheduled!!

I just got home from the General Surgeon's appt. and we are set to have the "Take-down Ileostomy" for Tues. Nov. 27 at 2pm.  My oncologist will be at the hospital that afternoon, in case they see something when they are "in there" and want  him to take a look.

I have to be on clear liquids for two days before surgery. I get to enjoy my turkey dinner and have a couple of days of left overs and then what a shock to my system, only clear liquids. He says I will be in the hospital for 4-5 days. I should be almost completely recovered to enjoy Christmas and I should be able to attend Mieke's kids Christmas musical which is Dec. 19. Plus there are a few symphony Christmas concerts which I will hopefully get to enjoy too.

 I thank all those who have offered their sympathy because of my friend Karol. It has not been easy for us, I can't imagine how Stewart and the family are doing. Mieke and I are delivering a meal tonight to the Hicks family on behalf of our PEO chapter.

Karol's memorial service is this Sat. at 2 pm. It is going to be a celebration of her life and will be full of colorful flowers, just like her colorful personality!

2 comments:

  1. Yahoo !!!!!!! Date is set !! We were thinking it would be that last week of the month :) 2 days of clear liquids isn't too bad. Do you have a prep that you have to do the day before surgery? That reduces an appetite. Been there done that.
    I will be praying for you tomorrow, as you say goodbye to Karol :( Til later Tammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Deb,
    The date is on the calendar and in my mind. Specific prayers for NO complications and a quick recovery.
    I hope you had a fun day and could celebrate with Meike. Dave and I were remembering the day she was born. Great rejoicing!!!!
    Love you
    Linda B

    ReplyDelete