Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Home but not Alone



Stan Here:

Well the big moment of the return home finally happened at around 11 this morning.  Karen helped Deb get her stuff all packed up and by the time I got there it was in the car and ready to go.  She walked out to the car without the walker and she looks pretty good. She is now sitting in her chair in the family room talking on the phone. I am going to have her write a few lines so here they come.

Deb Here:

Hi Everyone, I am so thankful to be home. I want to thank you all for the wonderful wishes for my homecoming. It is so special after 35 days to be home. My parents are here to help with my care and to attend our two graduation ceremonies this weekend. I am using a wheelchair both days to conserve my energy. There is a handicapped entrance at the Breslin Center at MSU and so that should be no problem. I was excited to see a beautiful purple hanging plant on my front porch and a bottle of some special bubbly, thank you Deb S. you are a good friend. I had two scares this am. First, the pain med Rx was mailed to my pharmacy and it had not arrived yet......oh no, but thank goodness, it did arrive. Then, the expert from Holland Home Care who was supposed to come this afternoon and finally fit me with the proper appliance for my ileostomy has laryngitis and can't come today, oh no, so the second best person it coming.   Will write more later, Deb

14 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are finally home where you belong! I am also glad to hear you are already thinking ahead about conserving your energy for the graduations. Congratulations to the graduates!
    Ellen J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb and welcome home!!!! So glad that you are a living testimony of the "drive to survive!" Seems unbelievable that with all you have been through, you also have such major celebrations to attend. Therefore - conserving energy is essential. No heroics are necessary - you have been more heroic than anyone could imagine. Tears of joy, prayers of thanksgiving and happy dancing are happening over here. The prayers will continue. We love you! Linda - and Dave too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very glad to hear you were able to go home today. Am sure your parents and your family will take good care of you. And it's a special blessing from God to be able to attend your kids' graduations. We pray that goes well. Don't forget to rest, rest, and rest. With thanksgiving to God. Love, Dena Brunsting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home!!! Now take it easy and you will do fine:) May God bless you as you have lots of fun memories to make in these upcoming weeks!! I would love to help you if you need me...Love, Sara T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb,

    Hope you are in that comfy chair already! I like the wheelchair idea.....you can go far in that without breaking a sweat. Hope to see you at PEO next week.

    Terri H., RN colleague.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God! So glad you are finally home!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are home! How exciting for the graduations too! I'm a bit jealous of the MSU graduation - Adam didn't go through his 'hooding' ceremony and it bums me out (more than him). Savor every moment. A time to be proud of the accomplishments the kids have made as well as you as a parent raising them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home! It's always nice to be home. Yes there's no place that is better than home. What happened to the ceremony? I'll be glad to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is no place like home to finish up one's recovery. Hooray for God's healing, strength, peace, comfort, presence, and the body of Christ. Praying still, Denise of Tulsa, OK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb,
    I am very glad to hear you are home. Congratulations to all the graduates in your family. Enjoy your time together. Prayers are answered once again.
    Fondly,
    Connie Tuma

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an uphill battle. Now you're on the downside, much easier going down than up! Enjoy both graduations and my congrats to all 3. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.
    Debbie S

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've made it home!!! That in itself has to be a great feeling for you and your family. Focus on the duties that are the most important and save your energy for those things. Take it easy and enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deb, So glad you're home! That is awesome! Keep the healing going! Congratulations on your graduates too! Deb VandeBunte

    ReplyDelete