Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sad Day

I wanted you all to know that I lost my dear friend Ken today. He passed away peacefully in his sleep at 5 AM. Gwen and his family are comforted to know he is at peace with his Heavenly Father. I am so glad Stan and I had a chance to go visit with them last Sunday. I cannot believe how fast this awful disease took our friend. The funeral is this Thursday at Beechwood Church. Gwen has asked Ross to play at the celebration of Ken's life, and he is honored to be able to do it. They will end with the Hallelujah Chorus!

I have not really felt the best for the past week, and I think I know the reason now. My incision started to balloon out yesterday. I talked to my Dr. and he said it would be ok to put steri strips on it to keep it together. Well today, it broke open and is draining. It is very tender. I stopped to see my Dr. up at the hospital, she looked at it, called it a seroma. She thinks it is like a small pocket of fluid that needed to break open and come out, maybe from a suture. Anyways, I am seeing the surgeon tomorrow at 11:15 to get this all checked out, maybe get on an antibiotic. I don't want any funny business before the wedding.

I went to church last Sunday for the first time since early March. It was good to be there and see so many friends and worship together again.

Thanks Ellen for bringing dinner and visiting Monday. As my Dad said, "she sure has been a sweetheart through this whole thing". I agree!!

1 comment:

  1. Always loved Ken. Such a gentle kind soul.

    ReplyDelete