Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chemo #12 with some future info

Hi, Deb here. I had my big day of chemo today, having all three chemo drugs. I was there for 5 1/2 hrs. With the oral Benadryl and the cold medicine I took, it really knocked me out and I slept more today. My WBC, Hgb and platlets all went up a bit so my week off really helped my body shape up a bit. My Hgb is 9, so I am still tired. My CA-125 test results will come in tomorrow, so stay tuned for those results, I will post them when I get the call. Please pray they continue to go down. It was 92.4 last time, my radio station .

I don't know what happened to my Dr. today, but he actually told me what might happen. Something he before, was not big on doing. He told me that there is a high probability that I would have more surgery in March. It would all depend on what the CT scan shows is January. The reason I could not have the surgery sooner, is I need to be off the Avastin chemo drug for a couple of months. It decreases the blood supply to the tumor areas to decrease their growth and it would therefore not be good for wound healing after surgery. That made sense to me, and I appreciated him giving me his thoughts. March would be good timing with Mieke's wedding being June 1, I would have time to heal and get ready to put on my dancing shoes for the big event. He also said that there is a good chance I would continue having chemo through March. All depends on the CA-125 results.

Kind of mixed emotions when it comes to having that big surgery again. First, I now know what to expect, and therefore will not have the anxiety that comes along with fear of the unknown. Second, hopefully they will be able to remove some stuff this time, (hopefully about 20 lbs worth). That would really make me happy before the wedding. I would "rock" (as Mieke would say) in my new purple dress.
Third, by hopefully removing some of the tumors this time it would make the recovery a bit easier to take because at least something good would come out of it. This time, I felt what a lot of effort for nothing. When the Dr. said, I never would have done the surgery had the CT shown all the involvement in the upper abdomen. I would have just started you on chemo. It did make me a little "soured".

Can you tell I feel pretty good after my big chemo day with the Decadron steroid they give me?? It definitely makes me a bit hyper and takes my abd. pain away. I am not usually this wordy.

I need to thank Laurie again for taking me to chemo today. Mieke is lucky to have you for a future mother-in-law. Thanks to my sister Kris for wrapping a bunch of Christmas gifts for me and doing lots of other needed projects around here. I love you too Kris!!, have a safe trip home to Tulsa.
Thanks to my niece Libby who gave me my little Willow Tree Demdaco Angel entitled "Good Health". I love her and she is on my angel table with all my Christmas Angels. Libby is a cancer survivor this past year and knows we all need angels and miracles to surround us.
So fun to come home today to a bag of Christmas chocolate bark from Lori R. You are too kind, it's soooo good.  For all you guys who text, facebook, call with well wishes on chemo day, thanks. It helps so much knowing you are all thinking and with me on those days.

Pictures will be coming of our weekend. Need Mieke's help (I told you I am not too tech savey).

I am excited about all the fun events I have on the calendar this month. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! I can't go to enough Christmas concerts, parties, lunches etc. Bring 'em on baby.
I have decided I am definitely going into the wig shop and see what they can do to make my wig more comfortable. I am sick of looking sick. At least that is how I feel tonight, I may feel totally indifferent tomorrow...............

I love the comments on the blog. Dianne, I will listen to my body and rest occasionally. Linda, I had to laugh about your Griswald Christmas Tree. We will definitely come see it. Dave, I love your style!!

p.s. If you have meal dishes here, please stop by and sort out which are yours. I would return them, but I did not do a good job of remembering whose is whose. I was just totally enjoying the good food in them. Thanks so much!! Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment