Thursday, November 10, 2011

Say Yes to the Dress

So sorry about the video not working today. Mieke will try and get it to work when she has a minute. Right now she is busy writing a speech she has to present tomorrow night at Hope College's Relay for Life. She was asked to speak on behalf of "care givers". She was honored to be asked, and it fits right in with her life right now. She will be speaking at 9pm at the Dow Center for anyone wanting to come hear her.

We are excited to report that she ordered her wedding dress today. It is beautiful, and she looked stunning in it! It is a big relief to have that decision made. It all worked out so well, because we ended up getting the dress from a store in Grand Rapids, called Bridal Gallery. The owner Judy, is an old friend of mine from the First Christian Reformed Church in Grosse Pointe Park. She was so helpful and it is a comforting feeling knowing you are going to be well taken care of.

So far this week, I have felt OK, just the usual tiredness and queasy stomach. I did not sleep well last night, and had a pain in my "gut" but I am getting pretty used to some kind of a pain or another.

I want to report that my EGD yesterday morning went well, and my ulcers are all healed up! This means that I only have to take Prilosec once a day instead of twice. ( I forgot to take them with supper most days anyways).  No further follow up is needed with my GI doc for now. Thanks Zeeland staff for taking such good care of me, I miss you guys.

Thanks Laurel, my co-worker from the BBC for the wonderful dinner last night. It really hit the spot, sorry you had to come out on such a blustery night. I am glad  you guys had fun making the pillow case dresses for Haiti. I want to try that some time. I love the soap making idea, and I hope to come to Beth's house for that.

I got the cutest card today in the mail, it had a guy with long hair playing the guitar, and three other girls from the 70s looking sad and singing. Inside it says, Deb, Singing the blues since you left! Miss you From Some of my Night Crew friends at Holland Hospital. Thanks so much, of course it made me cry to read all your comments. I miss you guys so much. Maybe Mieke and I can stop by the floor tomorrow night after the Relay for Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment