Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chemo Day # 11 Deer Hunter Widows

Hi, Deb writing tonight. Stan is up north hunting antlers. He saw lots of deer, no antlers. He said they are having a great time.

Chemo went well today, just about didn't get it again, because my platelets are down to 65. They want me to get my blood drawn next Monday in Holland to check what my platelet count is, because if it does not go up they will cancel my chemo next week and give my body a week to build them up a bit. I really would not mind a week off so I can feel better for Thanksgiving and the Lions Packers game!

My hemaglobin count is down to 8.9 which is why I am feeling so tired. Thanks to my friend Deb who took me to chemo. My Mom came from Plymouth toward the end of chemo and we all went out to lunch with my Aunt Margie too. My Mom and I have husbands up north so we had a nice afternoon doing a little shopping in downtown Holland. I just sat down and rested whenever I saw a chair. The weather was so beautiful and mild today!

I need to thank Jan and Phil for dinner on Sunday, it was great! David brought over his famous homemade pizza for Monday, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Naomi thanks for the muffins, need that recipe. Good catching up.

I thank everyone for the nice comments about Mieke's speech. We are so proud of her.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got a little quiet time with your mom. Good for the men to get away for guy time- oops, I meant "hunting." To each his/her own.We are happy you're managing your treatment so well! Sue Vanderwagen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deb,
    Sounds like you have it all covered. Rides, meals, hats/wig... Now if only your platelets would get with the program! If you need anything else, let me know.
    As a 18 year survivor, I have a lot of positive! :)
    Xo, Lisa Archer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb, I hope you had a good day....you have been in my thoughts many times....love ya, char and lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie I am so happy you are having a good week....Lily sends her love and so do I....I hate to tell you but her hair that I was saving for you...ended up in the trash...I don't know how....but it is gone...but I will soon have more saved up for you...lol......hope to see you soon...love ya, char and lily

    ReplyDelete