Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Genetic Testing Results are Back

Had return appt. today with the Genetics Dr. at Spectrum Health. Good news, the BRCA 1 and 2 came back negative. There is no Mutation Detected. That means my kids (and my siblings and nieces and nephews) don't have to worry about any increased risk of breast or ovarian cancer. They said this applies to boys too because they can get breast cancer. Now lets just hope the insurance company covers the whole cost for the test. There is only one lab in the US that does this, because it has the patent for it, and it is in Salt Lake City, Utah. The test costs $3,500.00 and they strongly recommended I have it done. They investigated very hard if there was any connection between my thyroid and fallopian tube cancer. They found none. I received lots more information, but I will not bore you with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment