Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Last Meal....

Got home safe and sound from Hilton Head last night around 9:30pm. It was good to get home and see the beautiful flowering trees and blooms in the yard. Went to the hospital to have lab work done this am. Stopped up to the floor to say goodbye to some co-workers, see you hopefully in 8 wks. Did lots of laundry today and trying to get ready to be "out of commission" for a while.

Stan, Mieke and I went out to Salt and Pepper for my "last meal" before surgery. Tomorrow is clear liquids only. We also went to see Aaron in action. He is now working as a server there, does a great job, and is enjoying it so far.

Stan was the guest speaker in Mieke's 4th grade class today at Lincoln Elementary in Zeeland. He talked to the kids about poetry and told lots of stories.  According to Mieke the kids loved him!! and talked about it all day after he left. She had the kids write letters to thank him for coming and she put it in a book form. It is so cute!! They really had lots to say. Hopefully some of you can see it some day. He was anxious to see Mieke in action and was so impressed with her ability to work with the kids, she is a "natural" according to the teacher she works with. Mieke was also very proud of her Dad, and his ability to relate to the kids. Wish I was a little mouse in the room, and could have been there.

Thanks for all the kind words,calls and cards of well wishes from so many of you. I am not anxious about the upcoming surgery, I am more ready to have it behind me and to get on the mend.

Thanks to my friend Karen for the visit, hug and meals in the freezer. Have a great time in Florida.
Tomorrow I find out exactly what time I have to be at Spectrum. I hopefully will be the first case of the day. Stan or Mieke will post some news after surgery on Thursday. 

1 comment:

  1. Sending lots of love and hugs and a speedy recovery!
    Shae

    ReplyDelete