Friday, March 2, 2012

Another test....

Home from ENT dr. appt. Liked Dr. S. Sprik a lot. Phil, he says hi! He looked down my throat with a scope, didn't really see much. He reviewed the MRI I had done, and he found that they had totally missed that my left sinus cavity was completely full (of who knows what)? Probably an infection, and that could be the reason for the sore left side of my throat. He couldn't believe they did not report that on the findings. I am loosing faith in radiologists. He ordered antibiotics for 4 wks. and he also wants me to have a Barium Swallow test. I am having that done next Tues. am at Blodgett. I also have to take my Prilosec two times a day, instead of one, in case it could be reflux causing my painful swallowing. He didn't think so. He also saw (and showed me) that the MRI showed a "thickening" of the glottis area on the left side of the throat.
 
I sure hope the antibiotics clear this up. I have had a constant runny nose for months now, but I thought it was a side effect of chemo. I thought about buying stock in Kleenex, because I go through them. He said that the sinus problem is probably the cause of that.

I couldn't work today because of the Dr. appt. I can't work Monday because of the Dr. appt. I can't work Tues. because of a test.   I am teaching class again tomorrow. Stan helps me set up and take down, which is a big help. Stan has a conference in Orlando for a few days, so I am going along to keep him company (and to catch some sunshine). I will say hi to Mickey and Minnie, we are staying at the Contemporary Resort which has the monorail running through it.

We are going to the Hope men's basketball game tonight. They are in the play offs. GO HOPE!!

Mieke and I picked up her dress yesterday. She is beautiful in it! Their engagement announcement is in the Sentinel next Sunday. So please save me a few copies friends.

Mary has again kindly set up the take-a-meal schedule. Many of you have asked if we were going to do that again with this next surgery. It really was nice not to have to worry about shopping and meal prep for a while. We are cutting it down to three meals a week. Here is the link:
http://www.takethemameal.com/meals.php?t=AETW2601
Stan has been in the kitchen a little bit more, but there is room for growth. Wish he enjoyed cooking as much as he loves writing. Hope  you have checked out his latest.

Congrats to Chris and Lynn Malik and grandparents Ken and Joan on the birth of little Aliana in Arizona. We are so happy for you all!!

Hi Aunt Dorothy!! Thanks so much for your nice note. Say hi to your whole family for me. I have such fond memories of you all. Thanks for following my journey.

1 comment:

  1. Well, a sinus infection! Hopefully sunny Florida will help.

    ReplyDelete