Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wedding and Work

Hi, it has been a while since I have done a post, so I decided it was time for an update. I have worked quite a few days now and it is going well. I am very tired when I am done, so I really like the 4 hr. shifts. I did teach expectant parent class last Sat. which was a long day, 8 hrs and I was soooooo ready to put my feet up after that. I am going to do that again this Sat. I was happy when my first IV attempt went in without a hitch. People said it's like riding a bike.....  I love being back with my co-workers again, they have been so warm and welcoming to me. I love all the hugs!!

I did get into an ENT dr. for this Friday,( thanks Phil for the recommendation of who to go to). I hope they find something and can treat it. I have such a sore throat when I swallow, especially during the night, so sleep has not been the easiest.

Next Monday I go for my preop appt with the gyn/oncologist. I have never really talked to him face to face since hearing I would "for sure" have this next surgery. I am expecting this to go kind of like before, 6-7 days in the hospital. Mieke is off for spring break the first week of April, and I know she is just thrilled to be my nurse for that week.

Thanks for the many kind wishes from you all about me returning to work. It means a lot to me. I thank my manager for believing in me and hiring me back "on call".

Many of you have asked how the wedding plans are going. They are going great. They had their first shower on Sunday. It was a couples shower given by Aaron's relatives, held at his cousin's lovely home in Mattawan. The following are a few pictures to hopefully capture the wonderful day we had. Thanks to Cheri and Brad and the uncles and aunts for all your work!! It was so nice.
M
Aaron's brother Dan made all of the great orange and white heart and lovebird balloons.


Bryce will be one of the bell ringers at the wedding
This last picture is my "old grade school" friends who took me out to DeBoer's for lunch today. Thanks Jean, Helen and Ellen for traveling from GR and Hastings for the "End of chemo" lunch. It was great.

I have appreciated the different "diversions" some of you have sent me, I love 'em. Keep 'em coming.

1 comment:

  1. Deb it was so good to see you at work....I am so happy to see you sitting by the computer.....you look great and I will never get tired of saying that...Lily is getting a spa treatment tomorow...and if I find any leftover fur....I will collect it..maybe I could spin a hat for you....which you really don't need but that will be so soft and nice...the only problem is that I have no idea how to do this....lol....but maybe you could use in the garden this year...keeps rodents away and deer.....I am so glad you had a good time at your lunch...someday I need to try that place out....well I best get the girl out for a walk.....before the rain kicks in....char and lily

    ReplyDelete