Thursday, February 16, 2012

1st Day Back at Work Went Well

It was great to be back on the birth center today. It felt so good to be working with my friends again.
I felt pretty good, the hardest part was walking to and from the parking lot. My co-workers said I looked just like I did before I got sick. The short wig did the trick. Even the painted on eyebrows worked.

I stopped yesterday at my friend Kim's who has cut my hair for many, many years. She trimmed the "mad scientist" white long hairs I had going on, in case I got so hot, and couldn't stand the wig, we thought maybe I could go without it. I tried coloring the white hair dark, but it did not work. It is now a very light brown/red color. Oh well, I tried. Thanks Kim for the trim. You wanted to see the before and after. Here is the before:

The after is too scarry, even for me to look at, with no eye brows or make up!

 I was planning on going back to work tomorrow, but instead they scheduled my MRI at 10:30am. I hope and pray that does not show anything serious.

I plan on working again on Monday, now that chemo is finished. My "old" grade school friends are taking me out to lunch on Tues. to celebrate the END of CHEMO!!




1 comment:

  1. We're so happy for your good news!! Your picture looks beautiful...you sport short hair well! Lots of thoughts and prayers have been with you, and will continue to be. Take good care.

    Dave and Shannan

    ReplyDelete