Monday, February 13, 2012

Chemo Day #21 (one more to go!!)

It is late, 11:20, but I have never missed giving an update on a chemo day, so I don't want to miss today. Mieke was here decorating Valentine cookies for her class tomorrow, so we have been talking since I got home from Bunco tonight. It was fun being with my friends there.

Chemo today went well. I had only the one drug Taxol. My friend Ellen from Hastings met me there and then took me out for lunch to Marie Catriebs. Thanks Ellen for spending the day with me, and for the dinner you brought us. What a good friend!

I tried to pin them down on the exact surgery day and the best I got was probably either March 27 or March 29. That week would work out well because Mieke has the first week of April off for spring break and could help with my recovery at home the first week. I see Dr. Downey next Monday and I will find out more about when I will have the PET scan etc.

Tomorrow is a busy day, I have 3 different Dr. appts. in Grand Rapids. First is my check up with my endocrinologist, who has been following me since my thyroid cancer. The next appt. is with the genetics clinic Dr. at Spectrum to see if studies should be done, mostly for Mieke's future. The last appt. is with a Dr. Taylor who is with the Spectrum Health Medical Group Supportive Care Medicine Clinic. I am calling it my "Psych" Evaluation. My Dr. thought it would be a good idea to talk to her.
I think I will be exhausted after this day, what a way to spend Valentine's Day. 

Stan and I went to Traverse City this weekend and had dinner at the Meeker's, Alden's in-laws. We had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed seeing Walt and Meg and grandma Peg and other family members. Alden and Mary stopped to see us on their way home at the cabin and helped us split wood and stack it up. It felt good to be outside, it was a beautiful sunny day. Boy, was I tired that night!!

I hope to get back to work sometime this week. I have to work out the details with my manager. I am officially hired as a prn or per dieum nurse. That is what I did for 9 yrs when I worked on the birth center before. I am looking forward to seeing and working with my friends again!! Watch out guys, I'm BACK...........

3 comments:

  1. can't wait to see you here at work!! praise God you are feeling good enough to return to work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to see you and visit while the "blessing" was dripping into your body. Hope Stan enjoyed the half gyro I left in your backseat! Jean, Helene and I are talking about a celebration lunch next week some time. Are you up for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sounds like things are progressing! Let me know if I can help in any way. I'm going to Mom and Dads' on Saturday. I found 3 skirts for Mom at the resale store. I heard you got a purple coat for her. All for the rugs!!
    It would be fun to get together! Love Miriam

    ReplyDelete