Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy 37th Anniversary to us

        It has been a BIG day for me. I finally got a call from Dr. Downey. He told me he discussed my CT scan with the expert at Spectrum and he said there was "profound improvement". He also said they saw something in the upper left quadrant of the abdomen near the spleen. It could be something in the omentum. He said that I might need to have a PET scan to define further. He said he recommends further surgery to remove what they can.  Debulking or cytoreduction (removing cells) is the same thing. He will discuss this further with me the next time we meet. The soonest they would do surgery is late March or early April (6 weeks from the end of my chemo treatments). Soooooooooo, now we know the plan. I can deal with anything now that I know what is going to happen.
   
      45 minutes after I learned this, I had a conference call meeting with my manager from Holland Hospital. They offered me a prn or per dieum or on call position. That means no benefits, but I can work as much or as little as I want. I had that same position for 9 years when I worked on that floor before. They were a little leary about me coming back for 6 wks and then having to be off for 6 wks after surgery, but understood that it was good for my mental health to get back at it. All the details are not worked out, but I may try a few hrs as early as next week. I may also try teaching classes again through the Center for Good Health.
  
       My co-worker and friend Sara came over for lunch today. She is a new grandma and shared pictures about the new addition. I am so happy for you, and a bit jealous! (come on boys)

        Stan, Mieke and I had a wonderful dinner at the Piper tonight. We ran into friends from PEO there. After dinner we were treated to three wonderful desserts provided by our dear friends Chuck and Karen. Thanks guys, you are too much! The Piper was so nice to put up all these red hearts all over the building just for our anniversary (ha ha). I can think that. It was great when we left for home and there was a beautiful full moon shining on us. A good way to start year 38.............








No comments:

Post a Comment