Thursday, February 16, 2012

It's been an interesting morning.....

I need to get ready for work today from 11a-3p, but I wanted to give a quick update on what I found out this am.
-My Gyn/oncologist office called and said I am done with chemo as of Monday. I don't need to come in next Monday to see Dr. Downey. She is having me come to see him on March 5 for the pre-op visit. My surgery is hopefully going to be Thur. March 29. There is no need for a PET scan because they are going to do surgery. The PET scan would be a lot of expense for nothing she said.

-I then heard from the results of an Ultrasound I had of my neck yesterday. I have been having pain when I swallow for quite a few weeks. It seems especially bad at night. So my Endocrinologist (thyroid Dr.) ordered that to check out what could be going on in there. They see enlarged lymph nodes and the radiologist reports that it should have more investigation with an MRI of my neck. Oh boy, does it ever stop?? So, they need authorization from my insurance company for that, and that should be scheduled for early next week.

Please continue to pray for me, that work goes OK today, that the throat thing is nothing, and YEH I guess I am done with chemo (for now)!!

2 comments:

  1. What a day you are having! Hope work goes well! Praying for you, kiddo!

    Love, Karol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finished with chemo? As of last Monday? What about all the last day of chemo celebrations? Guess you just start celebrating early. or is it late? Whatever congratulations you did it.

    ReplyDelete