Friday, March 23, 2012

Sunny Hilton Head Island

Sorry that it has been a while since I posted a blog. I have been down in Hilton Head Island for the past week with my parents and my sister-in-law Nancy. The weather has been absolutely perfect, the nicest it has ever been since I have been coming down here. I know it has been crazy warm back in Holland since I have been gone, but the ocean, lush green and colors are so nice down here. The azaleas are about two weeks early and gorgeous in color.
My parents have a time share at the Marriott Grand Ocean for two weeks. I kind of decided not long ago to play a bit before my surgery next week. Nancy also decided at the last minute to join us. I drove down with them and I am flying back next Monday. I would have stayed longer, but I need lab work done and I need to do clear liquids on Wed. and start my "bowel prep" that afternoon. I didn't think it would be a good idea to miss my surgery if my flight was delayed or something.

Here we are riding bikes on the beach today.
 We enjoyed a wonderful meal at Truffels last night.
We have been grilling and enjoying meals in the condo too. We were hoping Michigan State would have gone a little longer in the tournament, but we are having fun watching the other teams. Mom and Dad LOVE basketball games.
I was quite proud of myself when I managed to play 18 holes of golf last Tues. It had been 6-7 yrs since I golfed. I broke my wrist, then had my two thyroid cancer surgeries and then that stupid furniture store business, I never got the ol' clubs out. But, it was really fun, and I had some good shots. I was very sore and tired by the end, and glad we were done, but I am looking forward to playing this summer.
Here is where you can usually find Mom and Dad:
They have both read so many books already down here. We also love dips in the hot tubs.
This is a sampling of the colorful azaleas at the resort:
I am thankful for the chance to spend some quality time with my parents before my surgery. I am also thankful that Nancy could be here to take long walks on the beach, bike, and enjoy a drink at "Pool Bar Jim's" with. Stan says he is loosing weight without anyone to cook for him, and he is a bit lonely. He says he hopes I stick around for a while yet. I saw pictures of the flowering trees and flowers in Holland (thanks Karen), and I sure hope they are still there when I get home next week..........

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time down there...all the weather is was about as warm or warmer...now it is back to all most March 60 degrees I love it...I will keep you in my Prayers....Lily sends a newfie kiss...love ya...char and the little one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Deb and Stan and all:
    Prayers added to your large stack for you this week! God be about you, within you and surrounding you all.
    David Blauw

    ReplyDelete