Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Probably Reflux

Had my Barium Swallow test today. Have not heard from the ENT dr. that ordered it yet, but the PA who administered the test said he saw reflux, and thought that was probably what was causing the sore throat at night. It does make sense, I sleep on my left side most of the time. I said, I never have heartburn and he said 70% of the pts they see also don't have symptoms of heartburn. Sooooo, I am going to sleep a little elevated on pillows, let gravity help, lie on my right side and keep taking the Prilosec twice a day.

Saw the surgeon yesterday. We are all set for surgery on Thurs. March 29. They are going to try for the first surgery of the day, but they never confirm that until the day before.
I need to have lab work done a few days before that. He said they will remove my uterus, the area they saw in the left upper quadrant by my spleen and any other areas that they can remove. I will be in the hospital 6-7 days again. I said will the incision be as long as the last time and he said, at least if not more. Oh great. He said I would be a good candidate for a peritoneal port to be put in my abdomen for intraperitoneal chemotherapy. He would only do this if I didn't have too much scar tissue. If there is a lot of scar tissue, the chemo fluids would not be able to bath the organs well and it would not be of any use. I saw women getting this treatment, and they have them lay for so many minutes on each side, keep having them turn to get the fluid all around inside. I would have this plus regular chemo every 3 wks.

We leave for sunny Florida tomorrow. Will do a post from down there. Doesn't it figure that when the weather gets nice here, we go away? It was 66 degrees here today!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your update. Boy lots going on. I woke up this morning at 2:30 and you were on my mind.Enjoy the Florida sunshine. Yu remain in my thoughts and prayers.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy florida deb! we just got home today after being there for 9 nites! loved every minute of it!! you and stan and family are always on my mind and in my prayers, have a restful vacation:) love, mary leeuw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy yourself in Fla. and remember we are holding you up in prayer!
    Love, SaraT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time in Florida....enjoy and relax.....think of us up in the cold cold cold....the only person a.k.a. dog who loves it is Lily.....Prayers continue.....love ya, char and lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://video.msnbc.msn.com/rock-center/46662820/#466619... Hi Deb,
    When you have 30 minutes to have a good laugh about what Spring Break looked like in Florida 50 years ago, go to this site. Maybe you'll have to type it in or google it. I saw part of it on the Today Show. They want people who appeared in it to make themselves known. It will lighten your spirits. Have a good time. You're in my prayers. Love Miriam

    ReplyDelete