Friday, February 22, 2013

Slumber Party with Leah

My parents took me for a little ride in a W/C today. I had to see their room at the Hospitality House and then I wanted to see my friends who were in the waiting area for relatives having surgery. Their room was very nice and they even had a free taco supper tonight. Kent DeJong is the son-in-law of our friends and former pastor Dave and Linda Breen. Kent's wife babysat for Mieke from the time she was born for many years and was a juniour bridesmaid at her wedding so she is very special to our family.

They thought Kent would have to first go to ICU and then come down to my floor, the GI floor. Surgery went so well that he got to be transferred from the recovery room to the 7th floor. This hospital is so full, that unfortunately Kent didn't get a private room and has a room mate. Leah had promised Kent she would spend the night.They are two rooms down and I invited Leah to sleep on my pull out couch for the night. That way she can visit him as much as possible and feel better about leaving him.

Ross and Rumy stopped by here before the symphony. Mieke came right from her newly organized classroom and then Alden and Mary stopped. It felt good to have all my little chicklings under my wing. My parents went to the symphany, will stay here again tonight and will come spend a little time with me before they head for home. It sure has been nice having them here to care for me. Stan is going to come all day tomorrow.

I did have some clear liquids today. No nausea which makes me happy. I am taking it very slow with the food.  I am having a little fever tonight and I pray that is nothing.   The stoma nurse is quite concerned with my new stoma, it is flat and it is going to be very difficult to fit an applicance to it. It will tend to leak, but in keeping with my new attitude I am trying to keep an open mind to it and taking all the advice she can give me.   Good Night All!!

5 comments:

  1. I am home from work. The cookies were a great success....think I might go buy out all of the packages that Family Fare has left! Of all things, we had to have a fire drill--that went over great! JK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling well! My mom is having a sleepover with Miss Lydia :) Enjoy your time with Leah! Love ad prayers..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all is going well. Take it easy and hope to hear news of your homecoming.
    Debbie S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb,

    I went on a walk all the way around the circle and Leah told me t waves as I went by. It looked a little busy in your room so I waved but didnt stop. Stan just stopped in to see me. I am thinking about you and praying you get well very soon. Im praying your hospital stays are short and not as long as last ime

    --Kent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie I am glad you are doing well...you have been in my thoughts and Prayers from day 1. I love that your family has been there and friends. Breslyn and Lily send a Newfie kiss to you and can't wait to see you maybe this summer lol take care my friend...love ya, char and the kids

    ReplyDelete