Monday, June 11, 2012

Chemo Round 2 - #2

I had chemo today. It was a short day, only received the one chemo drug. I got to have my Benadryl orally which is so much better. Thanks to my friend Nancy who took me today. I sat next to my friend Tammie in the recliners. She has been fighting this for 10 years. She is such an inspiration to me and gives me also lots of good suggestions and advice. She is also a nurse. They kid that we are the "naughty" nurses. She said I should try sea bands, the pressure bands one wears on the wrists, for sea sickness, etc. It is like acupressure . She also said to take Ginger Root capsules 2 times a day. That can help settle the stomach.  The chemo nurses suggested I drink Propel Zero, it is a powder that you mix into water, it has Vitamins in it, so much better than water. Nancy's husband Dave suggested I try Bonine which they use for motion sickness on the boat. I also bought some bottles of Boost, so I am armed and ready for the week!! Come on nausea, try and get me now.

I did finally find our my CA-125 from last Monday, they never called me. I figured that it had probably gone up and they were not excited to tell me that over the phone. It was 65. My last one was 22 and normal is under 35. They said that the inflammation and surgery has a lot to do with the count going up. I have not had chemo since last Feb. So, I am not so worried about that number.

Friday I did attend my niece Kristen's wedding. It was beautiful. I was not feeling the best, but I did not want to miss it. Congrats to Nick and Kristen, they make a great couple and they are honeymooning in Cancun this week. How fun. By the way I felt on Friday night, it just reinforced how glad I was that I did not start chemo before the wedding. I could not have enjoyed myself near as much as I did.

Sat. afternoon, friends brought over their pressure washer for Stan to use. He had so much fun doing it, he wanted to use it up north and power wash the deck and put a new coat of sealant on it. He talked me into going along. It looks much better. It was a beautiful couple of days up there. Even though it was 90 degrees, somehow there on the water, the breeze always keeps it comfortable. I was not a lot of help, but I did manage to do a little.

We have another wedding to go to this Sat. Rob and Lindsey our friends kids and Mieke and Aaron's good friends, they are both in this wedding.

6 comments:

  1. Debbie, glad you have a plan to combat the nausea.....and it sounds like you're able to get out and enjoy some things so far (weddings, decks, breezes, watching Stan work!!!!) Ha, ha. Keeping you in my prayers daily and hoping for the best for you for this round of treatment. Keep smiling! Claudia M (BBC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb - missed you at lunch last Friday, but glad you were able to go you Kristen's wedding.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you doing? Any nausea? I don't think it dares to show up, your so well prepared for it. Praying for you Tammie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Deb, How can I add anonymous to comment add on my blog? Thanks for the photo information. I am getting the hang of that. Tammie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying this week goes MUCH better! Enjoyed the details of the wedding - lovely! Your daughter does look like you. I see a family resemblance to Krista as well. Denise from Tulsa, OK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking about you my friend....are you new "ideas" working after this round? I hope so...love ya, char and lily

    ReplyDelete