Thursday, June 21, 2012

Still Not Feeling the Greatest

Got my two units of blood yesterday, and I am still waiting for a big boost of energy. Mieke did not get the position she interviewed for. They decided to hire someone with lots of experience. She said the interview went well. We are bumbed for her.

It's now Thurs. afternoon. All day yesterday I had the chills and sat wrapped up in a fleece blanket, no AC on and it was 92 outside. I needed to feel better to go to Mieke's and help her fill up the china cabinet that Jackie gave her and we painted it black and put new pewter hardware on it. It looks so good, right out of Restoration Hardware. She loves it and thought Jackie and I should have the fun of putting crystal and dishes in it. I took a couple of pain pills to makes me want to get out of my chair, so I felt OK when I was there. She made me dinner on her new grill,(first time she lite it by herself) and didn't blow herself up. She has a nice pool at her apt complex, so the three of us went down there and enjoyed the nice hot evening.

When I got home, my meds were wearing off and I started to chill again. I took my temp and it was 100.1. I dug out the instructions from the Dr. office, at what point do I have to call them again?? It is with a temp of 100.4. So the next time I took it, it was 100.8.  Talked to Dr. Downey, he said to take some Tylenol to help sleep, if still elevated in am to call the office. Well it was still up today, so they sent me to Holland Hospital for blood cultures, urinalysis, and CBC with diff. I was so hoping they could do this in ambulatory care rather than going to the Emergency Dept.  Well, they did, but it took awhile to call and have them refax the orders. I always wonder, where do those orders end up?? They insist they sent them and now one on this ends has seen them. hum.........  Well, thanks to my friend Karen for taking me in. I did have to teach her how to thrift store shop on the way home, went in a couple.  So, I imagine everything will come back negative, maybe a delayed reaction to the blood. Sometimes that happens. But, I am glad they are better safe than sorry and hop on things right away.

I talked to Amber the nurse in the oncology office and told her, I am still in pain a lot of the time, and what is going on? She said the Vicodin is a narcotic and it will always make me feel better, so try and only take a half a tab. She said it's not that I am getting addicted, but it is habitual.... Sounds like the same thing to me. So I am now toughing it out.........only over the counter stuff.   Will let you know if there are any interesting developments.

5 comments:

  1. Deb,
    I am trying to be a quick study when it relates to "crafting" or "thrift shopping". Both take special skills that you, Mieke and Jackie surely have! I am just happy that I am now on Pinterest;)

    I am ready for our next outing to several more stores when your strength-o-meter is higher. I admire you so much...always keeping in mind that you and I were once "new" as well (you know what this references). You are the ultimate teacher;)and you continuously amaze me with your patience and stamina. Hugs! Karen K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb I am hoping you are feeling better...I think about you so much...take care my friend...Char and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have you in my thoughts and prayers all the time!
    Arloa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, sorry to hear that this week your road was "bumpy." I hope and pray that this next week has a smoother road on your travels to recovery. UGH anyway!!!! Prayers continue to go your way daily. Love, Claudia M. (BBC) p.s. we miss you at work and many people read your blog and/or ask or talk about how you are doing. You are loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just cked your blog deb. hope by this time u don't have a temp any more and are feeling much better! hang in there and i will pray:) love and hugs, mary leeuw

    ReplyDelete