Thursday, June 14, 2012

Much better week so far

Hi, many have been asking me how I am doing this week. I am pleased to report that I have felt much better than last week. I did have some slight nausea on Tues and Wed. but it was manageable. I have been having abd. discomfort though for a few weeks and I finally took two Vicodin and wow, what a difference. I think that I have been so uncomfortable for weeks, that I forgot how good it feels not to hurt. So, I am no longer going to be skimpy on the drugs. I will take two when needed and hope this incisional seroma or whatever I have going on will eventually clear up.

I am making progress in cleaning up the wedding stuff in this house. Mieke is so busy nannying  that she has not been able to help much. Her apt. is getting full, so I don't think she wants much more stuff over there. I have been asking people this question?? When do your married kids get all their stuff out of your house? The answer I have received from most people is this: never. Just box it up and put it in the basement. That way, if there is a time they need or want something, they can retrieve it. So, I am no longer going to think about it, just put it in the basement.

We did received some exciting news today. Mieke has a job interview at Lincoln Elementary School (were she was a student teacher) for a Kindergarten position.  Please say a little prayer for her on Tues am at 10am. That would be such an answer to prayer if she could get that position.

Tigers won today Yeh!! We are excited for the wedding we are attending Sat. Mieke and Aaron are both in it, and we are friends with both the bride and groom's families. Have a Happy Father's Day on Sunday. We are going to be with Stan's family for lunch and then we are invited to join Aaron's family for dinner. I think I am going to like this new in-law arrangement!

2 comments:

  1. Concerning the wedding gifts-my family's tradition has been that you have 7 years to love it or lose it. It worked for my folks, us, and continued it with my children-they got their stuff well before the "due date". You will miss it when it is gone.
    So glad you came for lunch yesterday! Hugs, Shae

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI - if they don't want the gifts they should exchange them, that's what gift receipts are for! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Best wishes to Mieke.

    ReplyDelete