Monday, June 18, 2012

Chemo Round 2 - #3

I did receive my chemo today, but because my Hgb is 8.5   (normal is 11-18) I need two units of blood tomorrow at Holland Hospital. I have been very tired lately so I should feel better after the blood. Thanks to my friend Lori who took me to GR today for chemo. Her mother-in-law is also fighting ovarian cancer. She has had it for 3 years. I wish her the best!

We had a lovely wedding to attend on Friday night. They delayed it an hour for the rain storm to pass through. After that is cooled down about 10 degrees the sun came out, they dried off the chairs and it was just perfect outside. Linsey and Rob make a great couple and we wish them all the happiness in the world.

For Father's Day we got together with Stan's family at his brother Roland's house. It was just lovely sitting outside on their deck under the big umbrella. Then we had a wonderful supper at Mieke's in-laws. Thanks Laurie and Conrad for including us!!

We are looking forward to the arrival of Rumy's parents from Bulgaria on Friday. Please pray for their traveling safety, and that they make it to Chicago OK. They are spending the first couple of days in Chi Town with Ross and Rumy, then they will go see their place in Lansing and then next week end they will come here for a few days, see Holland, hear the kids perform outside at Beechwood Church (they have never heard them perform before) and then we will take them up north to the Homestead and use that as a homebase to see other sites in northern Michigan. They are here until July 10. We are so excited for their arrival. After chemo next Monday, I think I will have two weeks off and go to a every 3 week rotation. Yeh!!

2 comments:

  1. so glad to hear you are going to be getting a break and will be doing the every third, that sounds way better! i need to have a monday off and free that i can take you once! sounds like you have lots of fun stuff to look forward to! hope the blood goes well tomorrow! i am working, maybe you'll come up and say hi? how is the incision doing? you haven't said. praying :) mary leeuw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb!
    Hoping the transfusion has given you more energy. With Rumy's parents coming, energy will make that time so much more enjoyable.
    I LOVED hearing Ross and Rumy at the wedding so her parents are in for a real treat.
    Enjoy this time and I hope you have a chance to blog about all the fun times.
    Love Linda B

    ReplyDelete