Monday, June 25, 2012

Watching the Game - Nothing the Same

I am sitting here watching the Tigers and they just got 5 runs in the first innings. Wow, that doesn't happen often. But, it is lots of fun. My sister-in-law Nancy met me at chemo today in GR. Well, my platelets were too low to have it. So instead we went to Roses for lunch and then did a little shopping after picking up many new prescriptions.

I saw the Dr. and told him about my very sore incision. He ordered a CT-scan for that. It will be scheduled soon. He put me on antibiotics. He said that I will have 3-6 sessions of chemo ( a session being once every three weeks or once a week for three weeks). It all depends on what my CA-125 does. So now I am planning on chemo all summer and maybe into the fall. I will start having it once every three weeks. I need to have my platelets rechecked on Friday. The nurses doubt it will be high enough to have chemo on Monday, plus I was planning on being up north for the whole week with Rumy's parents and I want to feel good. They said people take a week off for vacation all the time, so that is probably what I will do.

Stan and I had a good weekend up north. My parents were up at their place too. We went into Cadillac for church and then they took me out (and Stan) to brunch for my birthday. We went to a great little place called Lakeside Charlies. They had the best brunch for $11.95. We will definitely go back there. We went back to Cadillac at night for a free bluegrass concert on Lake Cadillac that evening. It was a perfect night to listen and sing along to lots of old hymns and songs.

Rumy's parents made it on Friday night into Chicago. They were worried, because they first got the 
word that they would be stuck in Wash D.C. because of mechanical problems and not make it in until the next morning. Well, they must have found them a plane because they arrived about three hrs. late. They had a wonderful weekend in Chicago, walking around, her Dad didn't stop snapping pictures. They were amazed that there was no trash on the freeways. They saw a concert in Millineum Park, went to the Art Museum, top of the Hancock building and lots more. Ross said that they just love everything and are very easy to entertain. They are in Lansing for a few days at Ross and Rumy's house and we are looking forward to meeting and having them stay here with us starting on Thurs. night. What are people's suggestions to show a couple from Bulgaria in Holland and Michigan??

Until they figure out what is going on with my abdomen, I will take my pain med and then I can function. Thanks for everyone's kind words of encouragement during these past couple of weeks.
The Tigers are now winning 6-0, yeh!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,
    If I had to show someone something in Holland, I would definitely take them to the State Park to watch a sunset. We are so spoiled with all the beautiful beaches here. My cousin was just here for a week from Missouri and all she wanted to do was watch a sunset over Lake Michigan. Little things we take for granted everyday can make a lasting memory for someone who isn't from here.

    Take Care,
    ~Deb Hamelink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie - we keep praying for that incision to heal! How fun to have Ross' inlaws here to show them around. We're looking for a sitter this Saturday from 11am-7pm - do you know if Mieke is busy? If she wants to sit - just have her call us. Love seeing the wedding pix you post - the flowers are so pretty - Isabela loves orange! Love, Niki and Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Windmill Island is free with your 49424 zip code--carload is included! Always peaceful and pretty down there. Especially nice when you don't have to pay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was going to suggest the state park too! saugatuck is also nice, walk the board walk and look at the million dollar boats, get some ice cream! grand haven state park is nice, the ride out there is nice, south haven is a cool town and nice beach. get lunch at the boat works outside. kollens park is nice for a picnic lunch. are they in good shape? send them up to climb mt piske!! deb, i will be praying for that incision to heal and to quit causing you grief!!so glad your number is down!!! that is great:) have a break and enjoy the weekend:) love u, mary leeuw

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Musical Fountain in Grand Haven is a nice attraction. Frank and I are spending more time in the Grand Haven area. Our daughter, Molly, is the Banquet & Event Coordinator at the Holiday Inn Grand Haven/Spring Lake. She began working there the day after Labor Day last year. You are in my prayers daily. Enjoy your time with Rumy's parents. Regards,
    Connie Tuma

    ReplyDelete