Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I'm so sick.......

This is the first time in all my chemo treatments that I have gotten so sick. I started feeling nauseated last evening. It got worse during the night with dry heaves. I have been taking my Zofran and Compazine as prescribed. I did call the oncologist office to see what they gave me? I thought maybe they really hit me hard with a large dose of something. She said, no, it wasn't as strong as I had gotten before. Oh well, I guess I have gotten weak. My friends have taken good care of me, bringing over Coke, chicken soup, Italian Ice, gelato. Thanks Helen and Karen. I hope this goes away by tomorrow. I have my nieces wedding to go to this Friday night in Ferrysburg. Grandpa H. is going to marry another grandchild.

Stan feels bad being away at his conference and not here to take care of me. He offered to come home, and I said no, stay for the big banquet tonight and come home tomorrow. He is enjoying it. They have been treating them very well.

I wanted to let you know a few special details about the wedding. The veil Mieke is wearing is part of the one I wore 37 years ago. My sister made it for me then and she remade the part that Mieke wore. Thanks Kris, that is the something old.  The ring bearer pillow was made by a friend Carolyn, it is so cute and the satin that was used is from the flower girl dress that Mieke wore when she was a little girl. She had a new dress, and wore a pinkie ring with a blue stone from a friend. I think she covered all the bases.

Have gotten a few text messages from the honeymooners. They are loving the UP. They took a pictured rock boat tour and went to the falls today. Aaron is lovin' all the Packer stuff up there. He had his first pastie and loved it. Can't wait to see them again. We have a wonderful video of the wedding that they took for us at the church, I know they will love watching it and reliving the night.....

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your sickness. I am sure you are weaker after your recent surgery issues. Even though you look marvelous at the wedding. :-) Glad you are enjoying the wedding video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, sorry to hear the drugs are doing a number on you this time around. The wedding photos and stories are wonderful. It is great the family could get together for the occasion. Hang in there. Love,Mare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deb, so sorry to hear about the nausea. I hope the old Coke and crackers (wet/dry) prescription routine works. You are in my prayers.
    Love Linda B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb I had to look twice at this wedding picture...Mieke looks so much like you...I hope you are feeling better....Prayers to you my friend....love ya char and lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Deb,
    So sorry to hear the chemo is doing a number on you. I love the picture of Mieke and her new husband----sounds weird to say that, doesn't it? :-)
    Hang in there and I hope each new morning finds you feeling lots better. God bless you in the coming night and always!
    Ellen Jongsma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb the address to my blog is
    tammiesway.blogspot.com

    I put @ instead of a . at chemo today.
    Still learning the address :)

    ReplyDelete