Monday, June 4, 2012

Chemo Round Two - #1

Hi, It's Monday morning and I am sitting in the chemo chair. I found out that I am going to have chemo weekly for this first cycle, every Monday at 9am for the next 2 wks. They stated they wanted to "hit it hard" at first and then go to an every 3 wk regime. I see the Dr. again in 3 wks. I received Taxal and Carboplatin along with the "chemo camouflage" drugs. My parents took me to the appt. today and then returned home to Plymouth. Jackie picked me up. Stan will be out of town until Thurs. I also Dr. Harrison to show him my incision. It swelled up again Sat. was very red around it and then started to drain again. It was very tender and sore yesterday. It looked much better today (of course). He said there is not much more they can do now besides the antibiotics I am already taking. The next step would be to open it up and then pack the "pocket" that is infected and draining. I am not too excited about that option, so please pray that it heals up on its own.

I thought Stan did a great job of describing the wedding. I think Mieke stated it best, when she sent us a text message the next day, and thanked us for making her dreams come true and it was the best day of her whole life. I guess a parent couldn't ask for anything more than that.

They were treated to a suite at City Vue Hotel the first night, and then invited the parents over to their apt. the next day to open gifts. They were very excited about everything the received. Thank you all for your generosity. They had first planned to take off that day to the UP, but they realized that they were very tired, (not much sleep after partying) with friends in their suite. So instead they stayed home, got some sleep, bought a TV with some wedding gift money and left Sun. She said it was so hard to leave their home with all their new "toys" they received. The got a new Weber grill, so they put that together, and had burgers and brats on that with friends Sat. night. They also are having fun making their own pop with a soda maker........So  you can see it might make it very easy to come home Friday for her cousin's wedding and all the fun new stuff to "play" with.

I received so many messages from people who told me to thoroughly enjoy the wedding day, because it is such a special day and it goes so fast. Well, I want you to know I totally did what I was told, and I did enjoy it to the fullest. I danced all night!! I think Adrenaline must have helped, because I don't think could do that today. I was very tired on Sat., but with help from my parents and friends we did get the church picked up and brought more boxes of stuff home.  Those boxes are not going anywhere real fast, but I have lots of time on my hands when I feel up to it.

I know people would like to see more pictures of the wedding, but my camera disappeared that day, so I didn't have it to take pictures. (Someone else was using it). I promise as soon as the photographer posts them, I will pass on the web site.

I am going to take a nap now............

2 comments:

  1. Oh Deb I heard your wedding was fantastic...oops I meant Mieke's....I was sorry I wasn't able to see it. Just think one round of chemo done mark that as done on your list....I love reading your blogs and you should tell Stan he should start again too...you both have a way with words. Love ya Debbie...hugs from me and a Newfie kiss from Miss Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been cking your blog, waiting to see about the wedding and how you did deb! sounds and looks wonderful! stan did a great job with his blog about it:) so glad the first chemo is done, rest up, wait to get to those boxes :) i will pray about that incision of yours!! love ya, mary leeuw

    ReplyDelete