Monday, January 16, 2012

Chemo # 18

I was only able to have one of the chemo drugs today because my white count is still too low. So, I was only there for 2 1/4 hrs. The good thing about this is that I will hopefully feel better this week for our trip. Jackie took me today, and then we had to quickly get back to Holland, because I had a noon appt. at the dentist. I cracked a tooth and needed to have it fixed before we left. My wonderful friend Maria was kind enough to come in on her day off to give me a temporary crown. Soooooooo, now I think there are no more appts I need to go to before we leave.

I had a wonderful visit with an old friend Don who was home for a few days from Florida last week. He brought me the most beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers. It was so nice catching up with each other.

Lori R. brought dinner over on Sat. night with a fresh pecan pie. You are too kind Lori, it was all delicious. You faithfully send me a facebook message every chemo day with a prayer. I love it!

Tonight we met some friends for dinner at the OBI and then went over to see Jim and Lori's new house. They were our neighbors two doors down for 24 years. Their new house is awesome. It is very contemporary. Randy and Laurel were there too and together we enjoyed Pink Squirrels for dessert, listened to their new piano play for us and enjoyed the fireplace. I loved the heated floors. You did a wonderful job designing and making your new home very special. We miss you near by though.

Mieke had a great first week student teaching 4th grade at Lincoln Elementary in Zeeland. She loves the kids. She was able to teach alone today for the first time.

I feel pretty good tonight. Tomorrow I have to finish packing. We decided to only check one bag, so I need to condense a bit...........

I read Gilda Radner's book this weekend. They gave it to me at the chemo room. It was interesting. She died of ovarian cancer in 1989. It is interesting how many similar thoughts I have had with her. It reinforced to me how you have to keep hope alive and think positive. What do you have without that?

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb & Stan,

    I pray you will have a wonderful time in Hawaii. Having been there 2 years ago for our 25th wedding anniversary, I can still clearly remember the wonderful sense of warmth and well being. Sort of that smell you get while standing in a green house. I pray that you are able to "drink" it all in. Blessings, Duane

    ReplyDelete