Tuesday, January 3, 2012

No chemo today........Blood tomorrow

Hi, got home from up north yesterday around 4pm. Finished watching the great win by MSU!! Go State!! We had a nice time up north. There was beautiful big snow flakes all weekend, just like I had requested. There was about 8 inches on the ground when we left for home. Stan, my Dad and my aunt all went snowmobiling. I just was not up for it. Now, I know why. My hemaglobin today was 8.1, the lowest it has been so far. I could not stay awake for the Rose Bowl last night so went to bed early. Had a restless night, didn't feel so good today. My platelets are very low too, 29. So the plan is to receive two units tomorrow at Holland Hospital, recheck my Hgb on Thurs to see if chemo on Monday is happening. The nurse kept asking if I was having chest pain, I said no. I did have all the other side effects of low Hbg, tachycardia, (fast pulse), shortness of breath, and tired feeling. So I am back on the couch, watching videos. Stan is coming down with a cold, so I am keeping my distance from him. I did finish the book "Unbroken" this weekend. He was one strong dude. It was not an easy read for me, but did end happy. (Ross had told me that) Hope you all had a great weekend! I'm looking forward to a little boost from some oxygen in my blood tomorrow. Deb

1 comment:

  1. I'm listening to that book on my commute...only 3 cds in and enjoying it. Sad to think how tough war was/is! Thanks for the hint about the ending - will make it easier to listen to now!

    ReplyDelete