Monday, January 30, 2012

Chemo #19

Well, back to reality, sitting in the chemo recliner. I had an appt. with Dr. Harrison first today before chemo. Dr. Downey is on vacation. The exam was negative again which is good. He says I can call the office on Wed. to find out the results of my CT scan, and chest x-ray which I have tomorrow at 10:30am. I am having these done at the West Pavilion of Spectrum Health. I have not been there before, but it is off M-6. I have to start drinking the barium tonight between 8-10p, goodie , goodie, and then the next bottle tomorrow am.

My labs values that I had done Sat. were all good, except I am a little low on Potassium, so they gave my some IV today. My orders are to eat a banana everyday. I can do that easily, love 'em.

They won't know anything about surgery at least until they have CT results, and maybe they won't decide until treatments are all done after Feb.20. This "no control" of my future is not easy for me.They seem to think I need to talk to someone. I don't really think I need someone to tell me that "my feelings are completely normal", but I guess I will go one time to see if they can give me some tips.

I must admit going from the spot where you don't know if  you will live to see Christmas to the point now, yes, I guess I will be around a bit longer is kind of hard to know how to act and think.

I will see Dr. Downey again on Feb. 20. I am getting the two different chemo drugs today. It has been awhile since I got the Carboplatin, the platinum based drug which gives one the metallic taste. I have not missed that one bit!

Just showed the chemo nurses my pictures on the computer of Hawaii, they have both been there and they want to go back. When I told them the good deal we got on tickets, I think they both said they are going to start keeping any eye on airline prices.......

My brother Ken and his family were in Honolulu for a few days after we all left, and he said they ran into some NFL players that were in town for the Pro Bowl, and he posted picture of them with some "big" dudes.

Stan has a conference in Orlando the first week of March. He made reservations for the Contemporary Hotel at Disney World because he needs to be there. If I can go along, I may try and do that. I know a lot of the wives that go to those conferences because we have been going to these Sullair events for many years. I know they will be surprised to hear about my diagnosis. We have had lots of good times in the past.

My orchid has lots of blooms on it and I do think of Hawaii and all the orchid plants and gardens we saw while being there. Thanks again Kris........






No comments:

Post a Comment