Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Chemo Day #15

Chemo went well today. Had exam with Dr. Harrison first. The exam was negative for feeling any tumors which is a good thing. I have not been feeling the abdominal pain lately which is also a good thing. This is what he said:
1- They did not give me the Avastin drug today. They will not give it until they decide if I will benefit from more surgery. It decreases the blood supply to the cancer tumors, and would decrease wound healing after surgery.
2- I will received chemo at least until at least the end of January.
3- I will be have a CT scan the end of January, and possibly a PET scan to visualize if there are tumors that could be removed (debulked)
4- I will meet Dr. Harrison's partner , Dr. Downey on Jan.9 , just to see if I may want to switch to see him in the future. Maybe our personalities may match a little better.

I received a prescription of Z-pack for my URI from my Primary care Dr., thank you Mary!! I think I am feeling better already!!!!!!

For the 8th Day of Christmas tonight I received the most beautiful 8 red carnations with Christmas Greens from Nikki H. Thank you so much Nikki, they are cheering me up already.

Thanks Nancy for being with me today at chemo, you are the best!

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow am a new woman..........

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Deb and family.
    What was your Ca 125? Happy Dance time?
    So what is your chemo schedule?
    I love Dr Downey, he makes me part of the decisions on what to do with treatments. He listens to my families questions and answers them without attitude.
    Til January
    Love Tammie

    ReplyDelete