Sunday, December 18, 2011

Go Tell It on the Mountain

Hi, I have this song running through my head because we sang it in church and the little kids sang it too. Mieke leads a group of kids and they sang a couple of songs and did a little Christmas pageant and readers theater. The kids dressed up as angels, shepherds and different animals.......so cute! Aaron helps her with the kids and I am so proud of them both.

We had a wonderful time with my families Christmas party last night. It was in Rockford at my brother Ken's house. We had a lot of fun eating, stealing gifts away from each other at the gift exchange game, played "Christmas Jeopardy", and a wonderful tradition we have started of going around in the circle and everyone giving a quick update on what is happening with their life. Stan and I commented how quickly the kids grow and now our nieces and nephews are married with their own kids. We have so much to be thankful for this season.

My 5th Day of Christmas gifts were waiting for me on the porch when we arrived home last night. Gifts inspired  by Hawaii!! I guess my BBC friends remembered that we bought tickets to go to my nephews wedding in Jan. prior to my cancer diagnosis. We are still hoping and praying that it all works out to go. Looking forward to that trip is one main thing that is getting me through this chemo journey. So thanks Shelly for the 5 "Hawaii Inspired Gifts": some blue nail polish (she says she had a pt this week who had pretty blue toe nails), a Yankee candle called Beach Party, some aqua blue Sea Mineral hand soap, tropical coconut body wash and a framed print of a white sandy beach, aqua blue ocean and sky and tiki huts (which I will be sitting under 'cause they tell me I can't be in the sun). This is too fun!

Yesterday I had lots of visits from friends. Nancy M. is a nurse that I used to work with. She brought over 3 cute Christmas ornaments that are on the tree. Thanks Nancy, so good to see you and catch up on how life as a traveling nurse is going. I wish you the best in Arizona.

Thanks Karen for the toffee bars, they are so good. Jackie has been keeping me supplied with cappuccino filled Irish coffee mugs to give as hostess and other gifts. Thanks so much!

Tomorrow am I get my lab work done at Holland Hospital and find out in the afternoon whether chemo is in the cards or not. Thanks everyone for the ideas to help with the mouth sores. Libby is sending me some stuff that really helped her. Thanks Lib!

Some people have asked for my email address to write me directly. It is deb.hoksbergen@gmail.com     I look forward to hearing from people and writing you back. I have wanted to respond to many of the comments on the blog, but I didn't know how to do that. If you email me, I will be able to do that. This little red laptop has been my friend and companion through this journey too.

No comments:

Post a Comment