Sunday, December 11, 2011

Great Family Day!!

We were all together to celebrate 3 birthdays today. Alden and Aaron's was yesterday and Mary's is tomorrow. We took our Christmas Card picture in front of our tree which you see above. We were all together in church this am. Stan picked up his girlfriend for church today (96 yr. old Ruth). He has had lots of "girlfriends" since he taught this senior Sunday school class years ago. She was happy to be there and people were thrilled to see her again.

Wish I could say I am better from this cold, but still not over it. I think I did have more energy today, or at least I was diverted from sitting on the couch by having the kids over for dinner. Stan is loving the new grill the kids gave him for his birthday. If you want a good suggestion for  a Christmas gift ask us for details. How about those Lions today??


Friday night Stan enjoyed seeing many friends at our neighbors Phil and Martha's Christmas Open House. I stayed home trying to "get over this virus" and he was kind enough to bring me a plate of goodies home. Thanks so much for hosting this nice event.

Loved a visit from my friend Joan Sat. who brought over the most delicious bruschetta and dessert. What a treat, we need that recipe.

Just had a surprise visit from David Blauw, friend and chaplain at Holland Hospital. He brought along a gift from Barb his wife. Thanks so much Barb, I love my angel decoration that you stitched for me, it is on my "angel" table. I can't have enough of them surrounding me these days. David, I'll take another one of those homemade pizzas any day!

People have been asking me when chemo will be this week because of the change to Thursday last week. The plan is to resume with Tuesdays again.

The line out of Jesus Calling from yesterday has been sticking with me.........."Accept the value of problems in this life, considering them pure joy."  My niece Libby talked a lot about that word "joy" in her recent blog. Choose joy. Joy was the word in church today for Advent. I am joyful when I think about how much I have to be thankful for including you for caring enough to read this blog.
Deb

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful family picture! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Praying daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great picture, although Dad's shirt has a little spill... ah well! glad we could all be together this weekend.

    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi deb, i am at work trying to take my lunch break and getting called away constantly! i bet you don't miss that "vocera lady":) am praying for you to be on the tail end of that cold you have, sounds nasty! i love the picture! what a beautiful family you have!!! will hope and pray you can have the chemo tomorrow,#14 right?? you are getting to the end of it!!! you are doing a great job of hanging in there!! hope you are enjoying the sunshine todaY!! wish i was out walking or something...... mary leeuw

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful photo,Deb. I know those viruses can be tough to fight, but you have the strength to do it. Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb, I love the picture...you look great.....I hope you are feeling a little better....and you get #14 done tomorrow...Lily sends a newfie kiss and I a hug....love ya...

    ReplyDelete