Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!!

I am sitting watching the Lions game with the family. I don't remember ever watching football on Christmas Eve before?? Is this something new? anyways, it is perfect for us this year  because we had our present exchange last night. Alden and Mary left today at noon to celebrate with her family in Traverse City. We are happy to have my parents with us this year. We are going to attend both services at church tonight.

I want to update you with the final days of the 12 Days of Christmas:

10th Day I received a CD with 10 beautiful Christmas Songs. Thanks Ashley, I love it, and I have been listening almost constantly to it! The artists are Avalon, Sara Groves, Mariah Carey, and the Bethlehen Children's Choir.

11th Day I received a cute cloth tote bag with lots of guess what on it?? You guessed it - doggies!! It you know Char, you know she has a real love for all dogs, especially her Newfie Lilley.  She also gave me something to warm my heart. It is a beautiful "MSU green" beach glass from the Carribean made into a necklace. Thanks Char, I love it. I will think of you fondly whenever I wear it!

12th Day was just delivered by Cami and her little girl Skyler. It is a dream come true, 12 different chocolates from the Holland Peanut Store. My favorite is the double dipped chocolate malt balls! I am sharing with my family and they are loving them too. Thanks so much Cami!!

I had a nice visit with a co-worker Camille and her kids on Thursday, they delivered a gift basket full of goodies. Thanks for coming over Camille, I miss working with you on nights.

I have been feeling pretty good today, yesterday was a different story, I had some nausea all day. Can't quite figure out why some days are better than others. My kids were wonderful with all the meal preparations last night, we had homemade pizzas done on the grill. They were wonderful!

It is now Christmas Day, and we enjoyed two beautiful church services last night. The marathon Christmas Story movie is on (all day) and we will go to one more service today at 11am. Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Deb, sounds like you and your family had a great Christmas! I even liked Stan's card (though I haven't seen the paper versions with stamps and all, I'm thinking that this was just as good....)I continue to pray for you and your health and trust that God is hearing those prayers of all of us, as your numbers are going in the right direction and generally, it sounds like you are feeling ok (most days). May God bless you and your family! Claudia M (BBC)

    ReplyDelete