Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What the blog does say....

What the blog does say....Mom's numbers of cancer are continually decreasing every time she has the CA-125 test taken.
What the blog doesn't say....Mom is extremely sick.

It has been a very hard couple of weeks around here. I have NEVER seen mom this sick in my life. She developed a cold after Thanksgiving and since then her energy has been very low. She really hasn't left the couch much in days. I've been explaining it to people like that first day of a cold when you feel like your head is going to explode, your nose won't stop running, your throat is killing, your body aches....this is what it has been for her for over a week.

She went in to have chemo today and her hemoglobin was too low. They weren't able to administer the drugs with her body in this condition. She needs to have a blood transfusion tomorrow morning. I really hope that this does something to help her get better because I won't lie, it has been very scary to see her like this. Please say a prayer that she can shake this cold. It needs to go away!

I love that my mom keeps people updated with all of the good news from her treatments but right now I think it is important that people know how sick she is because we can feel when prayers are being lifted up for her and she needs that right now. Thanks everyone.

Love, Mieke

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that Mieke, even though it must have been hard. But if you don't share the hard things, we don't know how to pray to really help her. Besides, you don't have to bear this alone...that's what friends, especially Christian friends, are for. Love you and praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mieke and Deb,
    I have been reading your blog for quite some time. My husband has been going through tough rounds of chemo for over a year. It's difficult to see the ups and downs, especially for the family. I certainly hope your mom can get over this cold quickly. I know it's not easy to see. My heart goes out to all of you. I will say a prayer for your mother. Have a better day!Sonja in Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep your mom and your whole family in my prayers.

    Love,

    Michelle in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Mieke. You have our prayers and love. Just let us know if we can do any more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sis,

    So sorry to hear that your cold continues to keep you down! Will keeping praying for healing of every kind. My Christmas tree is up and lighted, but no decorations. I need you and Mieke to get me motivated. It was such fun decorating your house over Thanksgiving.

    Thursday night a friend is coming over while our husbands go to a church dinner/meeting. I am inviting her to decorate with me while we share supper together.

    Thanks Mieke for keeping it real & honest. Especially for those of us so far away, it is helpful to know how things are going day to day.

    Love you guys and hope Christmas can be minus the cold. Blessings on your transfusion and chemo.

    Love,

    Krista (OklahOMA-grandkids heard my "name" when we said our state.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm sure that is so hard to see. It should be a happy time of the year, but I'm sorry you have this cloud hanging over the joy. I'll pray for all of you! Love Aunt Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing, Mieke. Gotta take the bad with the good. Then you can see things getting better, which we hope will be very soon. Praying for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mieke....the Prayers are going strong and will keep going for your mom....thinking of you of all of you....hugs......char and lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're thinking of your mom and lifting her up in prayer. I hope the transfusion was helpful and she is able to kick this cold!!! So sorry she has been feeling so lousy and please know she is in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete