Saturday, December 17, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Finally some snow on the ground! and a few flurries. I love it! Feeling about the same. I continue to need a Kleenex box where ever I go. I have those sores on my tongue again which is not fun. They look like red blisters on the sides. I have to remember to stay away from salsa! ouch........    We had a good time at some friends from church last night. Even wore some makeup and a wig all night. My eyebrows and eye lashes are getting very thin, so I figure I might as well enjoy them while I still have a few.

Thursday night at the Christmas Pops concert was wonderful. I felt pretty good all night, couldn't sing very well with the sing a long or the Hallelujah Chorus, but it was still fun. Went over to my Aunt Margie's with my Mom and Dad for some Christmas cookies and coffee afterward. Her house looked great all decorated for Christmas. My Mom delivered a gold glittery Christmas ornament from a friend of hers. It is of a butterfly, and she wrote, "A Butterfly gives flight and Joy". Thanks so much Louise and Bill. It is on my tree and I love it.

Yesterday for the 4th Day of Christmas, I got a package with 4 soft cozy Christmas socks. The card was signed by the BBC gang. Thanks whoever delivered it! I wore a pair to bed last night! This is too fun anticipating what's next.......

I also received another surprise package from my friend Vickie. Four beautiful Lenox Christmas plates to complete a set I had started. Thanks so much Vickie, you are too kind. Now everyone in the family gets to have a "real" plate on Christmas Eve. I keep my dining room table set with the Christmas plates all month.

My friend Lori came over to visit and brought over a big plate of thumb print Christmas cookies. Thanks for sharing a tradition you had with your Mom.

Stan came home from work with a beautiful Poinsettia plant from Tim and Marge. Thanks so much for thinking of me. I love it!  I think I also forgot to mention a couple of gift cards I got the other day from Dave and Shannan and the gang at TMI where Stan works. The cards are to Panera Bread and Bigbee Coffee. They will be enjoyed!

I am so thankful to be around this Christmas. We often talk about how after the surgery, we didn't even know if I would make it till Christmas. Well, I am here, enjoying the season, my family and friends, so thankful for the successful treatment to the chemo, and I plan to be here for many, many more.

2 comments:

  1. Deb,
    Checked with John as to what might help with the ulcerations in your mouth-have you tried Orabase with Benzocaine? He said this should help-at least while you are trying to eat-and to stick to a softer, bland diet(note, no salsa). Hope this helps.
    Know you will have a terrific Holiday! Sending lots of hugs,Shae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Deb,

    You may not even recall, but Libby had mouth issues as well. Her landlords (who lived next door and are good friends) gave her lots of good things to try. You may want to call her for the names of some of those "things." I think she mentioned this when she saw you at one point. Hope they are better soon.

    No snow here yet but as pretty as it is, I am not all that eager for it since we are driving to Louisville KY next week and I am praying for clear, dry roads.

    Krista

    ReplyDelete