Monday, October 3, 2011

Art Prize Monday

I finally got to GR to see some of Art Prize. It was a beautiful fall day, not a cloud in the sky. I felt the best today that I have all week. Jackie was so kind to drop me off and pick me up with the car. We stop and rested lots whenever we saw a chair or a bench. It is so great to see so many people in the museums and school kids enjoying the art. Not sure I loved the art as much as I did last year, but still very worth seeing.

A package came in the mail today from my "Aunt" Dorothy. What a nice surprise to get 4 pair of my favorite knit slippers. Thank you so much!! I will think of you fondly when I wear them, which I have a pair on right now. Our families did so much together growing up, I have many fond memories. I have appreciated all the messages from Susie too. I know that people who have been through cancer treatment are a big help to me. Thanks so much.

A delicious meal was brought over by my friend Vickie. Stan said it was better than the best restaurant.

While waiting for the Tiger game to start, Lori stopped by with a plate of pumpkins bars. Yum, you are so sweet.

I am ready for a nice short day at chemo tomorrow. Maybe I can even stop at Meijer Fredrick Gardens on the way home?????

Tigers are doing well.............so far

3 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,
    I was at Art Prize on Monday, too. Too bad I didn't run into you. I agree with you that the Art isn't as spectacular as last year, but there are some very beautiful works. Hope you chemo goes well today.
    Eileen Hofstra

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I loved "Aunt" Dorothy's slippers!! I keep telling mom that she has to learn how to make them, but alas, she is still sticking with afgans. Glad you finally got to Art Prize. Keeping you in thought and prayer. Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Deb

    Each day here at the Breen home begins with a prayer from either LInda or myself for you. We are eager to get together with you for dinner on the 12th.

    I was rolling along in my recovery after the radio embolization.The wheels kind of came off on Saturday and Sunday however. We even had to get a substitute preacher for Sunday am! I have improved this week and tomorrow LInda and I will be at Art Prize ourselves. We're actually staying at the JW Marriott on a gift certificate we've been holding since
    Sunrise gave it to us for pastor appreciation last October!

    Tonight the Tigers are giving me a different kind of pain. I have always hated the trade that sent Granderson to the Yankees. Now I've got his amazing catches tonight to add to my "they never should have done it" file.

    Each day I find myself shooting up a little prayer--"Please let Deb have a good day!"

    I just read Stan's blog from Sunday. I appreciate the really nice things he said. I have so many warm memories of being your neighbors. I'll bet if we got the four of us together to reminisce we could resurrect some terrific days!

    Well, it's time to sign off for the evening. Hope for a great day for you tomorrow! We'll talk soon.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete