Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lions, Tigers and no hair... OH my!

Hi, Ross here doing my first ever blog.  We are sitting here with Mom, Dad, Rumyana and Spencer watching the Tiger's game.  After seeing the Lions come back again today in the football contest I think we are all starting to realize that anything is possible. 
  Mom had some guests today including Joan, who is my friend Chris' mother and they used to live a few doors down from us.  They are letting us use their condo in Saugatuck for the next two weeks, and Mom is so excited, she is going to check it out tonight.  She made a wonderful salmon appetizer that we are enjoying right now...  Joan is always very kind, and somehow in the midst of conversation, she promised to write in her will that I would be the benefactor of their families grandfather clock.  I always had admired that clock, as a symbol of wealth and success, and maybe someday it will be mine.  ( I hope she wasn't pulling my leg!)
  Gayle and Deb, two of my Mom's friends from Holland stopped by as well and brought an amazing smelling dinner ( I might have to take some back with me to Lansing) and a pie.  Mom has great friends.
  Rumyana and I played at Beechwood church this morning, the first time of many this fall.  Everyone there is really kind, and people seemed excited to have some musical guests.  It is the first time that Rumyana and I have been able to direct the music ministry as a team, and there are certainly going to be some great moments. 
Mom has a few wigs which she seems to switch on a whim, and they all look really good!   We are making some plans right now which include finding a couch, going to Ikea, and redecorating my trumpet studio. 
Dad is watching the game, and wondering where he should apply to be a professional blogger.  He really likes writing them, and I think he should write more.  Well, that is all for now.  All the best,
Ross

2 comments:

  1. Hi, tell Ross he did a good job....go Tigers and go Lions...yahoo....the sun is shining and the leaves are falling....but it is beautiful just as you are my friend....I love you and your family....hope to see you soon....will be thinking of you tomorrow....hugs to Spencer....JV pitching tonight another yahoo......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved having Ross and Rumy at Beechwood on Sunday! They did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete