Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A new kind of pain.....

My good friend Dave commented on my last post that the Tigers are inflicting a new kind of pain on us. I agree completely!!   I get so nervous, I think my ulcers are going to get worse.  I agree they should never have traded Granderson. My Dad still wears a jersey with his name on the back. :(  Oh well, hope things go better tomorrow night. Hope you keep feeling better Dave. Prayers going up for you too.

Chemo was the shortest yesterday, only 2 1/2 hrs!! Also, they gave me oral Benadryl instead of the IV stuff, and I felt sooooo much better. So things are looking up on Tues.

Ginger, your tea infuser and the different teas were such a nice surprise. How did you know I never had one of those? Often times in the afternoon, a cup of tea is the only thing that sounds good. So thank you so much for thinking of me. Please come over some day and have a cup with me. (We went to the same high school, Grosse Pointe South!) Go Blue Devils!

I am sorry I did not get a blog done yesterday, but I had a fun night at my friends condo in Douglas. Thanks Joan, aside from the bad Tiger game on TV, it was a great night and so fun to see the lights of Saugatuck at night and watch the sun come up this am. Your place is so beautiful, thanks for sharing. Ken, I appreciate all the "how to notes". I am very proud of myself for figuring out how to turn on the TV. I am technologically challenged.  Breakfast at Ida Reds this am was fun too.

I stopped at Holland Hospital today to get my flu shot. The chemo nurses recommended I get it, and any people I am with a lot. My family was thrilled to hear that. Come on guys, you can do it. Stan got his first one ever Tue. night. That is BIG for him. I appreciate it honey. I stopped up to see my pals on the birth center. So good to see so many of  you! Thanks for all the hugs and words of encouragement. I especially want to thank Kim for the bracelets. She gave me some for my whole family. All the nurses on the Boven Birth Center got one too. They look like this:


Kim explained, "that the concept of hope has been identified as an important phenomenon rooted in the NICU setting. The hope concept can inspire, enable, enhance, and foster hope in the BBC. Recognizing the important role hope plays in the day-to-day experiences of others can improve the overall experience at such a stressful crossroad in our lives. Fostering and maintaining hope should be a priority for those we care for- our BBC Family. The bracelets with an inspirational message will be available to staff to remind us to send positive energy and thoughts to our fellow staff members in their time of need."
I know that there are many of us who work on the unit who are experiencing different "journeys" right now. I thank you for these bracelets from the bottom of my heart and know that Hope is what keeps me and others going. You guys are wonderful!!

 Betsy, the mom of Mieke's friend knit for me the most beautiful pair of soft wool socks. That was so kind of you, I love the fall colors.You guys are going to make sure I stay warm this winter.
 
I enjoyed the wonder weather by taking a small walk with my neighbor Deb and her 3 dogs. Deb is an inspiration to me by being a cancer survivor. Thanks for you support.

 We enjoyed poppyseed chicken tonight. Thanks so much Barb, it was great to visit for a little today. I love my pumpkin too!! It is a big brother to my little Tiger one.





3 comments:

  1. It's so great that you are able to stay so busy and active through your treatment -- what a tough cookie you are, and a huge inspiration. Thanks again for sharing your journey with us - please know that we think of you often and you and your family are in our prayers! We were sent over by your neice's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I'm so glad you're looking forward to the tea! We've got lots more different varieties you can try. The Rooibos is supposed to be good for nausea. Let me know if it helps! I'll call you and we'll have a tea party soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so good to see you on the BBC yesterday!! you really look good!! i am thrilled that God answered the prayers of "please don't let Deb have terrible nausea and vomiting"! i am so happy so many people are helping you out!! i said to harry we'll have to bring over some food or something and he can say hello to stan!!

    ReplyDelete