Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What happened to my taste buds??


I want you to meet Leigh and Tara. They are the two wonderful nurses who administer my chemo every week. They are great and so efficient at what they do. I look forward to seeing them every week. We really do have some fun times there. Here is a look at the room with the 8 recliners I spend lots of time in:

I had a good day today, other than the metallic taste is really getting constant. Food is just not tasting the same these days.

I attended a meeting with my PEO sisters today. We learned about PET MI-Holland.  PET stands for Personal Energy Transportation. They are special wheelchairs for children without use of feet or legs in the third world. It was so interesting to learn about this great organization. Please ask me if you want to know more, or google it to read more about these great devices.

You are not going to find a more generous or giving group of woman than my PEO sisters. A big thank you to Marty and Karen for their chix soup, pie and muffins. Karen, I am praying for you and hope you get some answers soon. Karol, thanks for your enchiladas, dumplings and cider. So fun talking "weddings". Looking forward to Friday night. Ann, you are such a wonderful mentor to students, thanks for your cherry gift box. We will really enjoy it! 

Lynn, your gift to Mieke is so kind. She will have so much fun with her new surger. We found out that there is another "Mieke Joy" in this world. She was born to my second cousin in Lynden, WA. Congrats Jon and Shelly!

1 comment:

  1. just guessing, but I'd say that the 2nd chair in is a favorite (based on the cushion!) It's good to see your chemo place and the nice nurses that care for you there! I bet you guys have fun when you go. Keep the faith! Claudia M. (BBC)

    ReplyDelete