Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tiger Koala Bear

Our new header picture is Stan and I with our friends Vickie from Australia, she and her husband do cancer research in Sidney, Jimmy from Caledonia, and their mom Linda from California with my new Build-A-Bear Koala! I'm sure if I had him for the last game, the Tigers would have won!  It was a fun year. We don't know what to do with ourselves now without the games to watch.


I have a few other people to thank. My friend Jackie's niece was kind enough to knit me an Infinity scarf. Thanks so much Sarah, that was very kind of you. I love it, and may even try my hand at making one. Thanks for the pattern.


I have a few thank you's to do. Dave brought lots of gifts from Virginia, a Down Under hanging potted clay pot, a Christian CD Of Iris Dement, a potted plant and some garden produce. So kind of you Dave. I think you left a book here, I will mail it to you.



Thanks Linda for the little pumpkin with the flowers in it, I thought the "pumpkin fairy" had been here. I wish I could have attended the activity at Beechwood.

 Deb from church, a cancer survivor and an inspiration to me was kind enough to give me a bag full of great stuff. A Kickin' cancer cup, Queasy Drops (the natural way to ease a queasy stomach) just what I need, and a Christmas ornament which says  A Season of Hope...a prayer for a cure 2011. So sweet of you, and thanks for the info about the free wigs from the American Cancer Society. Hopefully everyone reading this knows about this. I got two free ones on loan, all you have to do is return them when I'm done!

Wendal and Carolyn, your bran muffins really hit the spot. So kind of you. Thanks for the prayers.

Thanks Nancy for the awesome dinner tonight. Ribs are Stan's very favorite, that is what he always orders at restaurants. Everything was wonderful! and so nice to come home to after a long day at chemo. Wish you the best in your daughter's wedding planning.

My neighbor Will was kind enough to bring over a pumpkin pie tonight and stayed to visit for a little while. So good to see you and catch up with you and hear what your family is up to.

A very special package arrived in the mail today. Stan and I sat with a great group of woman last Friday at Grandmare's funeral luncheon. They were good friend's of Mary's mom Meg. One woman had a daughter die at a young age of breast cancer, other of them offered to pray for us, and one woman Norma was kind enough to send me a book "Praying Through Cancer" a 90 Day Devotional for Women, written by women who have faced cancer and, with triumphant spirits, found comfort and sometimes even joy in the midst of it.  I can't wait to start reading it every day. She also sent me a CD called "More Jesus".  It was made by a church near Traverse City, MI. These things are so special, and I am so thankful I met you. Lot's of people, (including me) may say they will send something, but I am so impressed when people really do it!   I have found joy in the midst of this journey. Let me try to explain how.
      A portion of my devotional from Oct 16 in "Jesus Calling" said "When you need comfort, I love to enfold you in My arms. I enable you not only to feel comforted but also to be a channel through whom I comfort others. Thus you are doubly blessed, because a living channel absorbs some of whatever flows through it."

Many of you have said you have found some measure of inspiration from these blogs. This is the joy and comfort I am finding. Thanks for all the notes today sharing in our good news of the greatly lowered blood test!!  Your prayers are working and I am so happy. Deb

2 comments:

  1. Dear Deb and Stan,
    Ain't love a wonderful thing when we feel care and support with pie and pumpkins and smiles and visits and scarves and drivers and talkers and wigs and ribs? I didn't supply any of these....but my prayers have been offered often for you....and others have obviously been the tools of God to encourage you in tangible ways. I'll stop to say hi again soon.
    Peace for this day and this night.
    David Blauw

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Debbie I love that picture...tears are rolling down my face.....Emma will show Spencer the ropes up in Heaven...take care my friend.....love ya, char and lily

    ReplyDelete