Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Cap and a nap

We are watching the Tiger game, hoping for a better outcome than last night. That was so sad!!

Things here are a little more like normal and they are back into sort of a routine.  Every week it seems like chemo on Tuesday, feeling OK for one day, and then some tougher times on Wednesday and Thursday and then again a little better on the weekends. 

I am not saying that there is anything routine about chemo treatments but that does seem to be the way it has been going.  So we are thinking these blogs have been kind of falling into the "lack of new stuff information class" and I am going to update the thing a little less frequently. Stan finished his blog. His hands are kind of itching to write.  By the way his g-mail is stanhoksbergen@gmail.com  He seemed to kind of have fun writing his blog.  But now he is done.   So if you think of something for him to write about let him know.

I don't enjoy the way it feels wearing the wig, so I am much more comfortable wearing caps and hats.  I think hearing from friends who have been through this, I am not the only one who feels that way.
 
We are going up to Traverse City for Mary's grandma's funeral tomorrow.  Stan also has a business appointment up there. We will then spend some time at the Hoksbergen Homestead. We will be home Sat. night when Ross and Rumy come over night because they will be serving at Beechwood on Sunday.

Tigers are tied now 2-2. I think we are in trouble on this thing but your never know. I put my arm around the pitcher of this game a couple of weeks ago and I hope it works.  We will see what happens.!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Deb, That chemo routine is kind of the same way it went for Gary. I have no experience with losing my hair, but I think your perky personality would shine through even if you wore a bucket on your head.....so I say wear whatever feels best! We got good news about Gary's CLL this week, so you're next!
    Deb & Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked. What a great game :).
    I am a friend of your niece Becky. We live in Traverse City. My husband is a pastor at Fellowship CRC.
    I have enjoyed reading Stan's blog. He is a gifted writer.
    I hope you have a nice weekend. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Laura Flikkema

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, it's on to Texas. Are we just prolonging the agony?? I figure it they pull this series off it will be because they have Deb Hoksbergen cheering them on!!!!
    I agree with the caps and hats. Keep that pretty head warm and comfortable.
    I really have enjoyed both of your blogs.
    Can't wait to read Stan's version of "Father Of The Bride." Start writing and enter into the JOY of your daughter and future son-in-law!
    Just me, Linda B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love having Ross and Rumy at Beechwood! Enjoy the fall colors, hope there are still leaves up north!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They did their best ......(Tigers)....so now Deb you need to cheer for the Lions and MSU.....Chemo 7 coming up and you will kick it....and do great....Lily and I send our love....ask Ross if he sees a 2inch MSU beautiful notebook to let me know....take care my friend...and Stan thanks for the writings loved them all....love ya, char and lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb and Stan,
    Can't some of your old surgery nurse friends find you some cute surgery caps to wear? From reading your blog I assume you have two friends named Ellen who are nurses! I am still hoping you can make it to Hastings for lunch some day. Sorry the Tigers are finished----it seems you have really enjoyed the rivalry!
    We are still praying for your miracle of complete healing. Love you,
    Ellen Jongsma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb,
    From one future cancer survivor to another.... I just want to tell you that i thoroughly enjoy reading your blogs, and i see so much similarity in our current life situations! We have both chosen to keep a positive outlook and a Christian perspective towards God"s working in and through our lives.
    ....and i agree...forget about wearing a wig! Wear your bald head with pride, and when you feel the need, accessorize your wardrobe with a stylish hat! (and my secret is to keep many soft knit hats scattered all over the house for when your head gets cold!) My hair is starting to grow back now, and i STILL need my knit hats to keep my head warm! lol)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just thinking of you and hoping you are hanging in there!!!!!!!!!! Will keep you in our prayers too!

    ReplyDelete