Friday, December 14, 2012

Another Drain needed REALLY???

Ok, I figured it was about time I updated the blog. I wish I was reporting that I was packing my  room and excited about going home, but that is not the case. I am instead NPO (nothing Permitted Orally) again waiting to have another procedure done down in the Interventional Radiology Dept. I had a CT scan yesterday to see if my previous fluid pocket was empty and if they could pull my drain. Well, looks like that one is drained, but I have another large fluid filled area on the other side. Soooooo, they hopefully can reposition this one to move over to that area without having to make another insicion.
To back up a couple of days, Wed. I felt pretty good and tolerated clear liquids well all day. Thurs. they advanced me to a soft diet (real food) but I have to be able to squish everything under a fork. So I had a little Cr. of wheat for breakfast, a little soup and grilled cheesh for lunch, but then yesterday about an hour after that, I had the most severe discomofort , pressure and nausea I have EVER had. I didn't know what was wrong, I thought, I am never going to try and eat again. They gave me all kinds of meds and finally it passed a bit. Then last night the CT-scan showed the new fluid filled pocket and the pressure on the left side began to make a bit more sense. So Greg, all those good things you heard me order for supper, br and lunch, didn't happen.

Dr.s are hoping when this is drained hopefully my bowels will know what to do and then maybe I can get out of here. I feel bad for messing up my family and friends month, I really never would have done it now, except I thought, I would be relaxing at home in time for Christmas.

Stan brings in my cards and Christmas cards everyday. Thank you all so much for yourbeautiful well wishes, etc. I have had such nice visits from friends, pastors,family. The staff love coming in my room because it smells so good and looks so festive. I have a saxaphone playing reindeer from the North Pole (with a little help from Jean), just got the most beautiful varigated red and white pointsettia plant from Deb and Dave. My sister and brother- in- law sent me a candy cane Amaryillis plant in a cute red/white pot. Laurie and Conrad thanks for the red pointsettia plant in cute white pot with the ting ting and glitter.

Had a nice visit from old grade school friend Ellen who is a nurse and frequent pt herself. She knew I would be ready for a new pair of gripper slippers to get rid of the hospital issued grey ones. Boy was she right, they stretch out and are not the most flattering things.

I am so saddened to hear on the news about the school shooting in Conneticut. My heart just breaks for those families. What is wrong with this world?? Ross just told me that he and Rumy may be playing at our church before Christmas, he knows what will cheer me up.  Mieke's kid's choir is putting on their big production next Wed. night and they are singing a couple songs at each service this Sunday. She has a big dress rehearsal tomorrow. I was supposed to be her helper, right hand man. Big help hun?? I know she and the kids will do wonderful. Please Beechwood tape Sunday for me??

Anyone going to the Nutcracker tomorrow night, you know who is in the pit. Enjoy, I am there in spirit.... I can still enjoy the reason for the season with my plants and my Christmas music playing on Pandora.

1 comment:

  1. You are loved by so many people! I enjoyed the visit today and your room really does look festive. Keep that beautiful smile and hurry up and get better so you can enjoy the season!;Ellen J

    ReplyDelete