Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I am still a patient here at Spectrum

I can hardly believe my own words when I write it down. Today is the third  week anniversary since my take down surgery. I have had another complication of a large infected fluid pocket. I had to make another trip to Interventional Radiology  where they place a new drain and attached to there accordion drains to empty the fluid out of me and then hopefully get the bowel back to normal. One other problem they see on CT scan is that my small bowel is somewhat enlarged and they need to do a small bowel follow through to test what is going on there. I can hardly believe I have had all these complication's. I am trying hard to think positive and the everything is going to be alright. I think Stan and other friends and relatives are starting to say she is getting worse, do you think maybe she should go to U OF M??   Some people don;t think it;s a good idea to go back to Holland, a smaller hospital. I am thankful to my friends who have spent time here helping to figure the best pain medication that I should be on. I am trying to stay upbeat, but this had gone way beyond my wildest dreams. I will miss Mieke's kids Musical but I still be able to watch her on the Livestream.

10 comments:

  1. WOW Deb, this is unbelievable. I have been praying for you. I don't understand what is happening, but hang in there. Yes, it would be difficult to stay positive at this point, but keep it up. Your in my daily prayers. I will pray for wisdom of what to do. I am praying that your bowels get moving and you home. til later Love your friend Tammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay positive and don't second guess anything. I went to U of M gastro for 2 years and can honestly say you are great where you are, even though it is frustrating. Sending you lots of prayers and good thoughts for a speedy recovery-
    Hugs,
    Shae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ths is Stan: Ijust stopped up to see Deb and she is downstairs for another procedure. I noticed that a few things neeeded to be fixed on the blog. Some spelling and stuff. For all of the people who read please understand that there has been lots of medication and just the simple act of writing does not always come out perfect. (Deb is kind of particular about this), Anyway we will forgive her that. As she says this has beeen really tough. Thanks for staying with us here,

    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stan again. Well I see a bunch of mistakes about fixing the mistakes. Oh well that is that way it will have to stay. It will not let me fix those. She just got back to the room and is really feeling rough right now after the last procedure. More later...

    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep your spirits up, Deb. Hopefully it won't be too long before things start working again and you can go home. Isn't it great that you get to tell the world about your lack of bowel movement - just can't get away any longer just telling people you're "just not feeling good". Also wanted you to know that my granddaughter and I enjoyed listening to Ross playing for the Lansing Symphony on Sunday. No bad notes in his solo either. We still think about you and pray for you in Lansing. Tom Bolt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, you are a very strong woman and you can do this. Keep telling yourself you will be home in time for Christmas! The snow storm is tomorrow. Make sure you are ready for it.

    Love and prayers,
    Deb Hamelink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb, so sorry you are still in the hospital and praying you are home for Christmas! This has gone on long enough, your bowel needs a stern reprimand! I am still dealing with a cold or I would be up to see you but I do not want to give you this cold. Love Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Deb and Stan,
    I was in GR yesterday and thought about stopping, but was not sure if you were feeling up to a visit. I have a great Gastroenterology doc at U of M if you decide you want more opinions. I am so sorry that this is dragging on and on. You continue to be in our prayers. Know that you are loved!
    Ellen J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Debbie am thinking of you....I do think maybe another opinion might be good to figure out why this is happening....it has been too long. I have been thinking of you and you are most definitly in my Prayers and will continue as well as your entire family. My girls send a huge Newfie Kiss and I send a hug...take care my friend...love ya

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was hoping to read that you were headed home. You must be more than disappointed. What a long three weeks!!! Keep your spirits up, it can't be too much longer. Wish I had known Ross Was playing with Lansing Symphony.
    Debbie S

    ReplyDelete