Tuesday, December 11, 2012

News Flash-----NG tube is OUT!!!

I am so happy to report that they pulled my NG tube out this am around 6:30. I thought I might wake up some of my family with this news, but most of them were getting ready for work and so happy to hear the good news. I could have that removed after one day of it being connected to dependent drainage and there wasn't that much in there, so hopefully it's passing down . So my diet for a while is small sips of water. They just hope I don't fill up again and get naseated . My throat is much happier now. It is still afraid to swallow. That should be better as the day goes on. I was able to take my 1st shower in a while, and boy does that make one feel so much better.

The Dr. was in this am and when I asked min if he was a betting man, when would I be able to go home. Says,"Well, I not a betting man". Ok, I said, what's your best guess when I can go home, he said hopefully by the weekend. So...........There is progress to be made. With Mieke's help I will add a few pictures tonight.

Jackie also added to my IV pole friends, Now Woody isn't so alone, he has his girlfriend Jesse.  She picked these up at a garage sale last summer, and just knew they would come in handy.

Expecting a few friends to visit today, sure will be more fun now that I can swallow and talk without that tube. The only thing I have to worn people is that when nature calls, I have to go then!!

Until more exciting news in the saga of Deb's bowels................

2 comments:

  1. Glad to here directly from you! Also glad for the good news regarding your NG tube. Now we wait until we hear that you went "poopy" I haven't written that word in a long time. :-)
    Still Praying.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta tell you all that Deb never wanted or expected all that much attention to her bathroom habits. That is what you get when you join the world she is I right now and she has really been fighting to know how best to handle. I can tell you that she is one tough lady. She has been there a long time. I did not even know the human body could go that long without food and water.
    Stan

    ReplyDelete